95 5.0 VS LS1 VETTE AND LS6 Z06....OUTCOME?

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Oh yea and the dyno pulls were done in 82 degree Florida heat with alot of humidity in the shop. The car is back in South Carolina where at night (when we would race) its around 60 degrees with crisp cool air. :dancing6: I know its retarded but hey that might be a few more hp at the rear wheels. :lol: :slap:

Hicks

Reaction score
lol... Spinning is never a good thing. :hammer:
Try and get the best hook up you can.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Hicks said:

I've got a set of 15x10s with 26" slicks I can put on the car for a night. :D

But I don't want to trash a T5 just to beat some teenie boppers.

Hicks

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Hicks said:

Never heard a vette reffered to as a teenie bopper... lol
Don't underestimate it. He could be talking some crap?
Just be carefull... all im saying.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Hicks said:
Stopsign32v said:
Hicks said:

Never heard a vette reffered to as a teenie bopper... lol
Don't underestimate it. He could be talking some crap?
Just be carefull... all im saying.

think about it, if he parents are rich enough to buy him the car, they might have done some things to it.... i doubt the slicks will really hurt you

gt96stang

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Hicks said:

It's not the tranny you should worry about... it's that diff. that might give up if you try launching too hard on slicks...

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I doubt we will go from a dead stop, especially if I show up on slicks. :lol: :lol:

Hicks

Reaction score
just complain about his big freakin tires those vettes have lol..
say your making it even :p

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
if your sideways through 2nd, id say just do a roll. cause if he grabs traction from a dig and you don't until the end of 2nd, your going to have to chase him down...

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
if your sideways through 2nd, id say just do a roll. cause if he grabs traction from a dig and you don't until the end of 2nd, your going to have to chase him down...

yeah, go from a roll just try not to spin

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I just put the tailpipes back on my car. It did just have open flowmaster mufflers. Now my car feels alittle slower. ??? Is that even possible or is it just in my head? :(

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Dude, keep your damn nitro hooked up, spray the shit out of it and afterwards ask him why his vette is so slow. Run what you got.

Dont be afraid of them making excuses, if they say anything about the nitro, you tell them thats what your car is set up with and
to stop crying like a bitch.

Said and done, drag their asses. O0

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
I just put the tailpipes back on my car. It did just have open flowmaster mufflers. Now my car feels alittle slower. ??? Is that even possible or is it just in my head? :(

Its your head, tailpipes wont make a noticeable difference if any at all.

Hicks

Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:
Dude, keep your damn nitro hooked up, spray the shit out of it and afterwards ask him why his vette is so slow. Run what you got.

Dont be afraid of them making excuses, if they say anything about the nitro, you tell them thats what your car is set up with and
to stop crying like a bitch.

Said and done, drag their asses. O0

I like your style O0

94Vert

Reaction score
The zo6 is a nasty beast, even with a not so good driver he should take you. I saw a vid of a stock one with slicks go 10.9 =1/4. You should have a drivers race with the c5 especially with the spray. You have a few more horses and he has the weight and tranny (6 spd) advantage.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:
Its your head, tailpipes wont make a noticeable difference if any at all.

I figured...It is ALOT quieter now O0 Just has alittle "bump...bump...bump....bump" to the sound since the idle is set at 1,100rpms. :dancing6:

I want to setup a 3way race against the two with me in the middle lane on nitrous from a 3rd gear roll around 3,300rpms. :noes:

Hicks

Reaction score
Well when you put the pipes on it's just reverting the sound ouit the back. It's still just as noisey. Just no vibration from the dumps. You get more of a tone to from your pipes.
3rd gear roll? No way, don't try and race him on the top end man. It's a vette, that's what they are good at. Stick with the low end pulls and just warm your tires up before you go or something.

Go talk to trubble, he knows. ^_^ Well then again trubble has huge slicks and no telling how much HP haha....

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
94Vert said:
The zo6 is a nasty beast, even with a not so good driver he should take you. I saw a vid of a stock one with slicks go 10.9 =1/4. You should have a drivers race with the c5 especially with the spray. You have a few more horses and he has the weight and tranny (6 spd) advantage.

You've lost your mind...... ??? 10.9 with slicks in the 1/4th? How fast was the Semi going when it slammed the Z06 in the ass at the line? :slap:

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Hicks said:
Well when you put the pipes on it's just reverting the sound ouit the back. It's still just as noisey. Just no vibration from the dumps. You get more of a tone to from your pipes.
3rd gear roll? No way, don't try and race him on the top end man. It's a vette, that's what they are good at. Stick with the low end pulls and just warm your tires up before you go or something.

Go talk to trubble, he knows. ^_^ Well then again trubble has huge slicks and no telling how much HP haha....

I don't see me having a problem at all from a 3rd gear roll. My car isn't much heavier (we are talking 100-200lbs max) than their Vettes and I'm pushing almost 100 more rwtq than the Z06 probably is. The regular C5 shouldn't even be a contest. From a 2nd gear punch I don't see my car hooking up at all when the 444rwtq kicks in but I'll try. I might have to pull the prostars off the Cobra.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
You know, personally i would take this little game to a nearby drag track preferably an 1/8th mostly because i dont condone streetracing as much
as others plus the fact when they lose they will have absolutely no excuses AND they will be forced to shoot from a dig where your stang will shine. O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online