95 Cobra back on the road...almost sorted...DS blinker works, but the parking light will not!?

HeadRusch1

Reaction score
Original owner of a 95' Cobra, low miles and only a handful of quality-of-life upgrades done in 96 (Steeda Tri-Ax, 3.73's, and FMS springs to take a little of the off-road look off its stance...and shatter my aging spine). It hadn't run since 2011-ish, but after some quality time with the local mechanic and throwing my wallet at the problem, it's sorted out. Almost. The Front drivers side parking light (blinker light) doesn't illuminate at night, but the blinker works fine with the lights on or off. I saw online how easy it is to remove the radiator shroud and get at the nut that holds the headlamp assembly in there to swap the bulb if that might be the problem, but before I get the socket set out I figured I'd ask: Something less invasive I should check first?
Thanks!

Last edited:

joemomma

Reaction score
Bulb is pretty easy to get to. Does the rear blinker work? If not, that would possibly point to the stalk. They are known trouble items.

OP
OP
H

HeadRusch1

Reaction score
Thx for reply, yeah all the blinkers work, front and back, its just the left front drivers side parking light that won't glow when the headlights are turned on...passenger side lights up fine. Fog lights work, interior lights work, etc.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if it were the multifunction switch I would expect it to do the same for both the front and back but electronics can do some funky stuff. Have you looked at the wiring behind that light and traced it/inspected it? I would start there myself.

OP
OP
H

HeadRusch1

Reaction score
Had to drop it back at the Mechanics for a leak I noticed, they're taking a look since the hood is up.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta ask the simple question: did you check/replace the bulb? I know it sounds obvious, but sometimes we jump to thinking it’s more of a problem than it really is.

Reference the scene in Slingblade where the solution to the mower that doesn’t run is… “it ain’t got no gas”!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx