95 Cobra braided brake line kit on my 95 gt

Mgroboske

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I ordered this kit here http://www.americanmuscle.com/russell-brake-kit-9495cobra.html and i did my research, and it led me to believe the front lines are different on on the cobras then on the gts to fit the cobra calipers (which i have), and the fitting would be the same bwtween gt and cobra, and the rear center, left and right are the same on the gts and cobra, and the fitting would be the same too.

So i received my 5 lines today, and i have 2 different size fittings on these lines, is that normal for a cobra? Because i have one front line with a smaller fitting that fits my currert fitting, and the center has what i believe is the the correct fitting. However both the rear and the other front lines have a diffrent fitting that is larger.

I complained to the company and they said they would send me a new set, but am i mistaking here, and for some reason a 95 cobra has 2 different size fittings? Or am i right and they should all fit right up to my 95 gt?

Thanks in advanced

OP
OP
M

Mgroboske

Reaction score
I'll gladly send some pictures, but i'm not sure what you'd want to see specifically.

OP
OP
M

Mgroboske

Reaction score
20160618_135547.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
uwvpsja29

So here I have the fitting that fits my car, and it fits 2 of the 5 lines on the cobra brake kit, the other 3 lines would require a larger fittings, and i don't believe this is normal.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That pic confuses me - that's solid line, not braided SS line.

I'm going from memory here, so I may be wrong (I'll do some more digging tonight when I have more time), but the fronts, *where the SS line connects to the car hard line* are in fact different sizes. The driver side will only fit to the driver side, passenger side to passenger side and vice versa. Not sure the reason, I can only speculate this was to prevent accidentially putting the driver side on the passenger side - not sure why that mattered. But anyway. So if you notice that your fronts, when connecting to the car, are different sizes, this should be normal. Try the one that doesn't fit on the other side of the car. Where the lines connect to the calipers, those will be the same size.

For the rears, I don't remember the hard lines on the rear of the car being different sizes. I feel like they were the same size. And again, the part that connects to the calipers are the same size.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I got my SS lines from Maximum Motorsports. I replaced all 5 lines - like you are doing. I also run Cobra brakes, front and rear. The instrructions from MM are fantastic, read them. I suspect they will answer 99% if not all of your questions. If your lines do not work like the ones described in the MM instructions, then you got the wrong kit for your car. These are instructions for 94-95 Mustangs - I think you said yours is a 95.

Front SS line instructions

Rear SS line instructions

Rear Axle line instructions

Note:
some portions of the instructions may be specific to the MM lines, and may differ from yours. But overall, the process will be very similar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online