95 cobra no start issue

Lanter

Reaction score
I am trying to help a friend with some issues with his 95 cobra. A little background is that he put a motor he had in a fox into a 95 cobra roller. Running a 95 harness and computer(t4mo). One issue is that the fan runs constantly with the key on, no power at fuel pump, not cranking, etc. I have read this could be related to the ccrm or the pcm. The ccrm is new and I can hear relays i am leaning towards the pcm(used). With the fan running I jump pin 55 and 60 and the fan turns off which seems to say the CCRM and wiring are ok as the PCM from what I understand grounds pin 55 until coolant temperature goes above the low speed fan threshold at which point is sends the signal to turn on the CCRM fan relay. Any good ways to test the pcm? Any other suggestions to help narrow his problems?

GearGambler

Reaction score
thats not the right computer for his cobra. should be J4J1 or something like that. Stock 19 injectors and mass air? Aftermarket throttle body or stock 94/95?

to be clear, is this no crank no start, or crank no start?

I would start with pulling the codes. Let the car tell you what it thinks is wrong and take some direction after that. The constant running of the CCRM means that something is definitely wrong. especially if that CCRM is new.

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Went over last night and it would appear simple things are easily overlooked lol.. Turns out the pcm and engine wiring harness bolts had either worked their way loose or we not tightened then he swapped everything from his fox. Was testing for power at the injectors, coil, etc and couldn't get any but the pcm and ccrm had power so after wiggling the harness we found the loose bolts. Tightened them down and it fired right up.... :deeplist: Can't believe we overlooked them while checking for power everywhere on the harnesses.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
HAHAHA! I just did that with my car yesterday lol. I was wrapping up wires and went to start the car to no avail. I left the engine harness unbolted.......simple things are so stupid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.