95 cobra sputtering

anguem

Reaction score
So this morning I started up my car and noticed it kinda idled a bit higher than normal this really wasn't an issue for me but as I was pulling out of the driveway I stopped to wait for traffic and the idle became real bad like it a a terrible miss and died on me. I started it back up and drove it fine to the store. When I left the store It kinda acted choppy at first then it started sputtering and missing really bad while I was driving with absolutely no power. As I was throttling it to see if it would help everything went back to normal and took off like a bat out of hell. Then the weird thing happened. The check engine light came on and started flashing code sequences like it would if you grounded the service pin to pull codes. I didn't get to read the codes because traffic was heavy and it was raining but when I parked it stopped flashing. What in the hell is going on?

Pack Rat

Reaction score
Sounds like secondary ignition miss. Moisture sets it off/ Get it in the dark and spray water on the engine and look for spark escaping.

toyman

Reaction score
Sounds like secondary ignition miss. Moisture sets it off/ Get it in the dark and spray water on the engine and look for spark escaping.

Escaping??

Look for arcing from the spark plug wires to any ground location. If arcing is occurring the spark plug wires need replacing.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Well I pulled the codes today and got 453. So if that was true then I shouldn't be able to start the car. So I'm thinking possibly CCRM. Does anyone know what modules interchange with the 5.0 's or is it just 94-95 GT/Cobra only?

lutter94

Reaction score
Its a 94/95 specific ECM, GT and cobra have different tunes, along with being transmission specific.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Shit. Lol gonna take a while to find one.

toyman

Reaction score
I think the parts are being mixed up.

CCRM = Constant Control Relay Module
PCM= Power Control Module=ECU (Electronic Control Unit)=EMS (Engine Management System)=Computer
ECM=?? (Electronic Control Module?)

The Cobra PCM has a different tuning strategy than the one for the GT.

The CCRMs are the same.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I doubt it's the CCRM. It houses the relays for the fuel pump, rad fan hi and low, a/c relay, and PCM pwr.
Not anything that's causing idling probs.

87hurricane

Reaction score
I doubt it's the CCRM. It houses the relays for the fuel pump, rad fan hi and low, a/c relay, and PCM pwr.
Not anything that's causing idling probs.

Agreed. If your CCRM was bad, you wouldn't have power to the PCM or the Fuel pump, and the car wouldn't run period. I think others are on the right track with a misfire condition. I'd look at wires, cap, and rotor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online