95 Ford Mustang GT fuel pump issue

Replace the whole ccrm or attempt to fix mine

• Whole ccrm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solder new relay and remove old one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Ok guys I know I probably sound like an idiot but here's my issue my cars not getting gas so fuel pumps not working so I replaced the fuel pump so I know the inertia switch can cause fuel flow to stop but I've checked that before I replaced the fuel pump is there anything else besides the fuel pump relay that could be the problem

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Please use punctuation. Now that we have that out of the way, welcome to the forum.

Now, can you tell me exactly how you’ve tested the fuel pump? I’m guessing it’s not running. Have you checked for voltage at the pump? How did you check the inertia switch?

Just some info, the fuel pump will only run for about 2 seconds right after you turn the key on. That is the only time the pump will receive voltage unless the engine is running.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Yeah my fault, Im running ragged on no sleep; I work 12 hours a day and come home to a puppy that's chewed up everything (including his kennel ‍♂️)clean up his mess and fix a car and get enough sleep in before I clock back in has proven to be disasterous to my ability to give a *
So here's the thing I haven't checked for voltage at the inertia switch, so it may not be getting any power. idk by checked it , I only checked if the button was popped out

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
take a meter and check power at both wires going to that inertia switch while the key is being turned on. You might need a helper to turn the key while you watch the meter. Both wires should show 12v for a few secs after the key is on.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I totally understand, life gets hectic. We are here to help though. Like Scott said, get a voltmeter and check for power at the inertia switch. Leave it plugged in. Put your negative lead to ground and then stick the positive lead up in the connector on the inertia switch. You’ll have to set the meter down so you can watch it while you turn the key on, or get someone to cycle the key while you watch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online