95 Front ABS sensor

spittinfire

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the 97-04 ABS sensors will work on a 95?

I'm in the middle of a 5 lug swap on an 88 Turbo Coupe and the ABS sensors got mangled by the guys at the junk yard pulling the parts. I can find replacement rear sensors but I can't find front sensors.
My plan is to delete the ABS system from the T Bird, ditch the electric assist and just use the Mustang system but if I can't get sensors for the front I won't be able to.

95opal

Reaction score
Honestly either system wont function as intended on your car.
I would just delete it all together.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that the difference could be as small as the harness that connects them and if that is the case do not let that scare you. They are only a 2-wire sensor as long as you can solder well, I have cut and reconnected one of mine with no problems.

I do not know this for sure so if someone else corrects me go with their info.

95opal

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you say that, care to explain?
Every ABS system in existence is calibrated for a specific vehicle application (a specific size and class of vehicle, a specific weight range, a certain tire and wheel size, and the individual braking characteristics of that vehicle). Any modifications that may have been made to a vehicle that significantly change any of these perimeters may upset the normal operation of the ABS system.

OP
OP
S

spittinfire

Reaction score
Every ABS system in existence is calibrated for a specific vehicle application (a specific size and class of vehicle, a specific weight range, a certain tire and wheel size, and the individual braking characteristics of that vehicle). Any modifications that may have been made to a vehicle that significantly change any of these perimeters may upset the normal operation of the ABS system.

Fair enough, but I haven't made any significant changes to any of those things. Both cars weigh about the same, tire size is very similar and the brakes are SN95. The 88 Turbo Coupe electric assist and ABS has to go anyway so it's either ditch the ABS completely or try the SN95. It's close enough that I'm going to give it a shot.

Monday

Reaction score
Honestly either system wont function as intended on your car.
I would just delete it all together.
I tried the swapping and hunting down replacement parts etc etc and I got nowhere for for over eight months.

I checked around and deleting made perfect sense - mine's a 96 but ABS was optional. Presto!!!

My brakes are perfect and have been since I put the block in. I still have the old unit, and the sensors are still at their rings but...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.