95 gt 5.0 auto, anything over 25% throttle car studders

722wdblazer

Reaction score
had this car for 2 months, it was kind of a pig (slow) when i got it, drove it 3000 miles in a week no problems, 2 days after that trip it started studdering at anything over one quarter throttle, i removed the mufflers after that and did the EGR delete today, i made a block plate and plugged the header and plugged the vacuum line, the plug is not connected, first start after EGR is gone i stab it and it shoots to 5 grand for about 2 seconds and then started doing the same studder crap, i'm hoping someone has an answer because i love this car and do not want to give up on it,

short story,
studdering, deleted EGR, ran awesome for 2 seconds, studdering again

OP
OP

722wdblazer

Reaction score
went to have it checked after this started, went to 2 places and it wouldn't show anything and then their scanner would reset

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
went to have it checked after this started, went to 2 places and it wouldn't show anything and then their scanner would reset

That's probably because they think you have OBD2 which you don't. Some can read OBD1 some can't or won't.
You can pull codes yourself with a paperclip or buy a OBD1 reader. Look in your Haynes manual for the DIY how-to.

Explain studdering. Is the idle surging up and down or is it a miss firing.
Why did you remove the EGR? Any other mods different from a stock engine?

87hurricane

Reaction score
Yeah I don't quite understand removing the egr and mufflers either. Were these just things you wanted to do, or did you think it would fix your problem? There are a lot of things that can cause running issues with modern fuel injection, without some idea to point you in the right direction, you'll have a really hard time figuring it out. The first thing I would do is pull the codes, then maybe you'll have a starting point.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a similar problem one time that I tracked down to a loose hose clamp on my intake. It would make contact until under acceleration and then it would separate and let in unmetered air and have problems. It was as simple to find as going out and shaking the intake to see it was loose.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Check your injectors. I had a similar issue awhile ago, turned out to be a bad o-ring on an injector

OP
OP

722wdblazer

Reaction score
just checked the injectors i could get to, should I be able to spin the whole injector? im a carb guy, i can reach 5 injectors and I can see the entire thing rotate, is this right? the mufflers were removed because the car sounded horrible, and the EGR was removed because it was toast and I had heard you could remove them so I gave it a shot

87hurricane

Reaction score
Don't rotate the injectors, the only thing you may accomplish by doing that is creating an intake or fuel leak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online