95 gt - Clutch seems to be slipping?

okiemike

Reaction score
I have a question-

I have a 95 gt 5.0 with a vortech SC system. I have noticed when driving specifically say 4th gear 2.5k rpms and i punch it without touching clutch car seems to rev (like it is burning the tires) and accelerate pretty good but not like it should and then seem to catch and rpm's come back down. is there some sort of adjustment, or is the clutch going out?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds like your clutch is on the way out in 4th and 5th is when the cars under the most load time to get yourself a ACT clutch

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Definitely your clutch. ACT is a good brand as [MENTION=14656]Musturd[/MENTION] said

OP
OP
O

okiemike

Reaction score
thanks guys, it is time to get a clutch put in, where should i look at for the best deal on the ACT?

should i resurface the flywheel or look at a new one?

OP
OP
O

okiemike

Reaction score
thanks guys, it is time to get a clutch put in, where should i look at for the best deal on the ACT?

should i resurface the flywheel or look at a new one?

any input on the fly wheel? Does it always need re-surfaced when replacing clutch?

kb1982

Reaction score
Thats a judgement call on your behalf to make. Does it feel rough, have gouges in it, or any discoloring? ? If so, resurface it. How do the teeth on the starter ring look? Just something else to take into consideration. Since its a job you dont want to do twice, most people just have it resurfaced for piece of mind.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just did my clutch and the flywheel looked ok on it but then it was not slipping to begin with. I was recommended to go with a stage 3 clutch for my vortech. If it was slipping I would probably replace it if I could afford to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online