95 GT Future Drag Car

Night_Train01

Reaction score
I am hoping to get some much needed advice. I purchased a very clean rust free 95 GT, my plan is to build a weekend warrior drag car with my son over the winter. I likely should have done more research before buying the 95. I didn't realize the 94-95's had issues with tuning. Since this car will be a drag car only, my best option might be to simply remove all the computer components and simply run a carb setup. I am looking for some advice from people who have been down this path already.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No issue with tuning. Many options actually.

We don't have plug in tuners like the mod guys but we have different chips and standalone systems available that give you all the tuning capabilities you will ever need.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
N

Night_Train01

Reaction score
No issue with tuning. Many options actually.

We don't have plug in tuners like the mod guys but we have different chips and standalone systems available that give you all the tuning capabilities you will ever need.

Thanks for the reply, can you point me to where I would be able to get the chips or stand alone system?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what your budget will be and just how far you wanna take your car.

If budget isn't an issue and your gonna go hog wild then megasquirt has a standalone that is pretty awesome but you will need to really do some reading beforehand to understand how to self tune. Holley also has a couple standalones that's people have had much luck with.

If your not gonna go too crazy with build and still want to set tune then you can look at the moates quarter horse with data logging.

If budget is tight or you don't want to set tune then look at either sct chip or a moates chip and find s good reputable tuner.
[MENTION=8201]Addermk2[/MENTION] is a great person to talk to about these options.

I'll forwarn you that he's a lil abrupt but his knowledge is tops and he will help you truly understand as long as you truly listen.

Addermk2

Reaction score
bbd9332b1bbb6c2c450455cd455902a6.jpg

On a tuned factory auto PCM.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Flex Fuel... currently has E59 in the tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member