95 GT issues

jbeez

Reaction score
I had to replace my balancer around 100,000k because the rubber wore out in the middle of it, I have a nice list of parts I've broken or worn out :/

tr463753

Reaction score
went to the same crap with my 95 too.after alot of testing found out that the halls effect in the dist along with the bearing was toast.bought a new accel from summit and was cheaper than a new motorcraft.soved all my problems.along with the pings i was getting erratic water temps because the computer was over compessating on the advancement curves.problem solved and now car has geat power right thru the rpm range.

ryclef331

Reaction score
jbeez said:
I'm at about the 99% point for buying parts right now, I just have the smallest bit of stupid little stuff to get, like a set of head gaskets and some bolts,

I'm putting a dss 331 XR shortblock in my 95gt w/ foxlake stage II ported twisted wedge heads, portmatched lower intake(holley systemax), afm b31 cam, 85# injectors from precision turbo(a little overkill atm), pmas 95mm velocity MAF, PP 75mm TB, custom fuel system w/ twin walbro pumps, tko 600, bbk long tube headers, bassani X pipe cut up to fit a MM heavy duty torque arm, dynomax cat back, full maximum motorsports suspension w/ bilstein coilovers, tubular k-member, tubular a-arms, full length subframes, LCAs, panhard bar, HD TA, CC plates, solid steering shaft, steeda aluminum radiator, PMS engine management, full range of autometer phantom gauges, vortech v2-sqtrim w/ 2.95 pulley, AFM power pipe, I'm sure I forgot something, but I'm so frustrated with spending so much money I'm ready to drive this car off a cliff LOL

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. IF you want, start your own thread. Good luck with your build!

p-351

Reaction score
tr463753 said:
went to the same crap with my 95 too.after alot of testing found out that the halls effect in the dist along with the bearing was toast.bought a new accel from summit and was cheaper than a new motorcraft.soved all my problems.along with the pings i was getting erratic water temps because the computer was over compessating on the advancement curves.problem solved and now car has geat power right thru the rpm range.

What kind of test did you do to find out that the Hall Effect sensor in the distro. was bad? Your problem is the same I'm having right now--erratic water temp and all!

bybyz06

Reaction score
You might try looking in the TFI (Thick Film Ignition) module that's bolted to the front of the distributor - it controls your timing. You can pop the front rectangular cover off with a pick and look at the ignition module for what look like "blown up cities" - behind the cover is a thick clear film that protects the board. If a circuit on the board goes it'll give it a cloudy look. Looks like you're looking at a tiny city, hence the "blown up cities" look.

bybyz06

Mustanger

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys I am going to check a few things as my 94 will ping on WOT at high RPM's too. Never knew about the Thick Film Module or what to look for. I am at 140,000 miles & it runs great except for that pinging. Might do the Distributor too just because of the miles.

houston5.0jay

Reaction score
Mustanger said:
Thanks for the info guys I am going to check a few things as my 94 will ping on WOT at high RPM's too. Never knew about the Thick Film Module or what to look for. I am at 140,000 miles & it runs great except for that pinging. Might do the Distributor too just because of the miles.
:drunk:

I'm still chasing all kinds of bugs on mine including this mysterious pinging..

I dunno what to do..

Ill check this last sugesstion out.

Im ready for the damn thing to just blow up... at least its under warranty

Wayne

Reaction score
The TFI is on the inner fender under the MAFsensor on my 95 not on the distributer. Also when setting the timing make sure you pull the spout connector to get your base timing set correct at 10deg BTDC. just trying to help. :)

bybyz06

Reaction score
Oh yeah...I forgot they moved it in '94. Prior to '94 it was on the distributor...whoops.

New 5.0

Reaction score
is pinning something you here or is something you feel?????? I need to Know.

bybyz06

Reaction score
New 5.0 said:
is pinning something you here or is something you feel?????? I need to Know.

Generally something you hear...

bybyz06

Reaction score
Uhm...a "tinging" type of sound coming the engine compartment (can be heard with the hood closed). Not sure what else to say about that...if it's really bad it'll sound like a mini machine gun.

zero_chance

Reaction score
I agree with whoever brought up the rattling from brakes being the anti rattle clip. I just sold my 88 and bought a95 GT and the driver side anti rattle clip was missing. I work at a lincoln dealership and found it was actually cheaper to get the clip from cj pony parts. No more rattle. I do have a slight miss at idle and when the cars lugging around in OD. Ran power balance three times and it came back with a 90 (system passed.) New plugs and wires when I bought it. Luckily a kid I work with has a new ACCEL tfi Im gonna throw at it. It would be a lot easier if we could look at PIDS like the OBD 2 cars...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt