'95 GT PCM trouble

kenhaw

Reaction score
Having trouble with the PCM on my '95 GT 5spd. I see a used one on EBay for a '94 GT 5spd. Will this plug and play?

OP
OP
K

kenhaw

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking I'll have to get my chip reprogramed for the new PCM...and then I'll be good to go?

OP
OP
K

kenhaw

Reaction score
Cutting out, sometimes not running at all. Right now not running. Can get one code-bad PCM. Sent it out to be fixed once, didn't seem to help.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Having trouble with the PCM on my '95 GT 5spd. I see a used one on EBay for a '94 GT 5spd. Will this plug and play?

if they both have the same code on the 60 pin gray connector, you should be all set.

not if he bought an auto PCM to go in his five speed, or vice versa

So, I'm thinking I'll have to get my chip reprogramed for the new PCM...and then I'll be good to go?

you shouldn't have to, but if you do do not pay anyone to do it. I can take care of that programming for you for free, as long as you cover the shipping.

Cutting out, sometimes not running at all. Right now not running. Can get one code-bad PCM. Sent it out to be fixed once, didn't seem to help.

before you buy another PCM you should consider checking all of the grounds in your car. as well as replacing your ignition control module, and possibly distributor.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
if they both have the same code on the 60 pin gray connector, you should be all set.

not if he bought an auto PCM to go in his five speed, or vice versa

you shouldn't have to, but if you do do not pay anyone to do it. I can take care of that programming for you for free, as long as you cover the shipping.

before you buy another PCM you should consider checking all of the grounds in your car. as well as replacing your ignition control module, and possibly distributor.

True

chaos254

Reaction score

When it doesnt start, does it crank over?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kenhaw

Reaction score
New dizzy, new ignition module,new injectors,fuel filter,pump; checked all the grounds-cleaned the one near the PCM. Yes, it cranks fine.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
New dizzy, new ignition module,new injectors,fuel filter,pump; checked all the grounds-cleaned the one near the PCM. Yes, it cranks fine.
Ok good info. I had similar conditions on a fox and it was in fact the PCM. I dont think it would be nearly as expensive to replace it as some of the other items you have already replaced. I say go for it, worst case scenario is you then have a PCM you can sell on the list or ebay if that doesn't solve your issue....

OP
OP
K

kenhaw

Reaction score
Thank you, everyone. Will keep you posted. Might be awhile, low on funds.

OP
OP
K

kenhaw

Reaction score
Sent PCM to ECU Exchange. They said it was cutting out when they tried to test it. They can't fix it. They are sending me a new one. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
K

kenhaw

Reaction score
Ok, when I sent it to get fixed previously it came back with the code painted over. I remember part of it and I don't see it on the new one. Now what?

toyman

Reaction score
Ok, when I sent it to get fixed previously it came back with the code painted over. I remember part of it and I don't see it on the new one. Now what?

It must have come back with some paperwork/invoice. What does it say?

OP
OP
K

kenhaw

Reaction score
It has a code on it, it just doesn't match what I remember of the old one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.