'95 GT Teal Survivor Project

Lebeter

Reaction score
New to the forum and sn95's, but not to mustangs. Have enjoyed searching this forum and reading projects to get ideas for this build. I don't usually post project builds but I figured this one can be different to give a little something back to the mustang world. I acquired this car for my gf after she agreed to learn how to drive stick so we could both drive it. I feel like you lose half the driving experience driving an automatic. I needed a 94/95 donor to swap some fox parts I had from another car of mine recently restored but subsequently wrecked after a long period of ownership. So the search ended after 4 days on craigslist and finding an unmolested candidate with 108k on it. The car is basically a survivor with how mostly stock it is for a car this old. I just wanted a straight bodied car with the paint in decent shape still. I really didn't want a survivor car to drive daily here in Seattle, but it is what it is. It's ridiculous what you can get these cars for nowadays, its sad how much car you can get because people have to have the latest and greatest. Most of the sn95's for sale here in the Northwest are either trashed or people equate subjective modifications as adding value to a car beyond its realistic market value. I was finding it easier to find convertible autos unmolested at this point so I was planning on a long patient watch for a few months. Realized color might not be my first choice either.

So after 4 days of looking on craigslist, this one pops up. The guy took great photos of the car and it looked bone stock. It was a 108 mile car and everything down to the plugs, fuel filter, were essentially factory stock. The Radio deck was really the only significant thing changed. The price was right as well and while I wasn't ecstatic about Teal, once I saw it cleaned up and up close I was actually surprised at how it popped. The car was definitely stored in a garage through its life at this point. There were enough problems with the car that it justified me bringing in a lower offer. The tires were cracking and separating assumedly from being stored for so long. I usually an impulsive buyer and not a tire kicker, but at this point I had seen a lot of cars. The power seat bracket on the drivers side was broken and supported with a 2x4, the stereo is getting some grounding feedback, and CEL came on during test drive. Otherwise the car looked straight and untouched. This can be good and bad obviously. So we agreed on a price and drove it home that afternoon. Ran the codes with the CEL to be o2 indicating LEAN on drivers side. There is a slight header leak on the passenger side as well. Figured given the mileage it was time to do all the 100k mile things.

gt1.jpg

gt2.jpg

gt3.jpg

Here is what I did initially. Air Filter, Fuel Filter, o2 sensors, spark plugs.
What it still needs. Oil Change, Trans Fluid Change, Diff Fluid change.

I added some fixed back Corbeau FX1 Pro seats along with the mustang specific brackets with double locking tracks. They fit excellent and match the grey/black interior well. Unless you are a smaller person its difficult to get into the back seats even when fully slid forward, so just an FYI with the fixed back. IIRC its about a ~40lb weight savings from the stock seats/power bracket. I'm 6'3 so gave me some increased headroom as well.

seats1.jpg

What I just finished this weekend with the help of my buddy 410sn95. MM Starter Kit for a Fox, MM HD LCA's, 94-04 CC Plates. Wheels are Saleen SC Repro's 18x8.5 front 18x10 back +20 offset. 265/35 front and 285/35 back. Hoping the 285's will help me clear the 3" tailpipes along with possible use of spacers. Was hoping it would sit lower, but it is what is is for now.

wheels1.jpg

wheels2.jpg

I have a ton of other parts that need to get swapped with time. Including an FMS Aluminum DS, Pro 5.0 shifter with steeda tri-ax handle, hurst knob. I have a complete Novi 2000 setup for a fox, but I may swap that in with the motor i'm pulling from the fox. I have a BBK longtube header and Dr. Gas x pipe setup as well as a VRS 3" stainless tailpipe set for an LX that i'm going to try to swap in.

I need to switch a lot of stuff with the blower setup if I use it as I was using a programmable speed density so I wasn't recirculating and the powerpipe will likely not work as well as a 50mm cog setup that will require doing a pusher fan setup vs teh stock puller electric fan. Not including i will have to trade my low impedence for high impedence injectors an acquire a lighting mass air if I do this budget. So that is on the backburner. Will update as I go.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Welcome!

Ive been waiting to see these wheels on a sn. They look sweet and the car is super clean!

teal95gt

Reaction score
Awesome man, teal sn95's hold a special place in my heart following this build!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great stuff, I love teal SNs. Mine started out life as a teal.

Those SC wheels look good! I've been thinking about those.... but I'd want silver 18s without bolts.

FTFp8ADl.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lebeter

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcome's. I agree with you on the wheels, I basically picked up the 3 piece look-a-likes because they were on the bay for the price I wanted sold with the offsets. I really liked the gunmetal on the teal cars, but what I envisioned was gunmetal lips as well vs the polished. I'll chop a few pictures to see what it looks like, but figure I could afford to get some weathering on them first before I go through the process of having to completely paint them. I was pressed to get some tires on the car so I could get the splitting tires on the tri-bars off so I didn't have time to get the wheels done. I wanted to see how they looked first as well. I was even thinking about widening the tri-bars so I could get a bigger tire on the back and go with a more sleeper look but figured screw it, go with something I wanted to see done. I will step to taller tires like a 40 next time if I don't cut the coils a little shorter. Don't envision too much externally from me, I want the car to appear mostly stock outside of what I have already done. I was thinking s281 wing but thinking I may stay with the stock wing at this point.

95Cobra302

Reaction score
Welcome! Reminds me of my '95 teal GT. Car looks amazing considering what you said you had to pick through! Good luck on the build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online