95 GT with Vortech power guess

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
I'm currently installing a Vortech on my 95 GT and just curious what power y'all think it'll make. My tuner says around 450rwhp, some people say anywhere from "maybe 400" to "at least 500".

Mods:
Trickflow Twisted wedges
1.6 RR's
Cobra intake w/1" spacer
75mm TB
68lb injectors
Lightning MAF
Home made power pipes (pre and post blower)
Vortech V2 with 10lb pulley
Hooker equal lengths
Mac O/R H
Bassani catback

It'll be tuned with an SCT chip

Pic is prior to me building the Power Pipes

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
doesn't look like a power pipe but I am curious to see what you do since we have very similar set ups.

OP
OP
Z

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
doesn't look like a power pipe but I am curious to see what you do since we have very similar set ups.
Ya that's before I built it. I used a 3" 45 elbow from an intercooler kit for that piece and some 4" 90's and straight for the inlet.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am also curious if you ported the upper for the 75 mm? I was surprised to measure mine and find out it was only 70mm at the throat. If you have not there might be some gains to be made there.

OP
OP
Z

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
I am also curious if you ported the upper for the 75 mm? I was surprised to measure mine and find out it was only 70mm at the throat. If you have not there might be some gains to be made there.

Yep, I blended it back about 6" or so. About as far as you can reach lol. Hit it with a carbide then smoothed it with a 2" barrel sander in my drill.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
is there any way you can show a little more about that pipe you made between the vortech and the upper intake? I have plans to try and make one out of carbon fiber but curious about this as well. Did you just weld pipe on the bottom for the bypass valve?

OP
OP
Z

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
I used a 3" 45* from my intercooler kit and made it work, then I drilled a 1" hole and screwed a male-to-male pipe fitting in place and put epoxy around it. Same thing with the other end. Works great and doesn't leak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online