95 gt

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by turbotooslow, Jul 22, 2006.

1. turbotooslow

turbotooslow New Member

hey guys, ive been looking for cobras but...

found a 95 red gt with 77k miles on it, looks to be stock, for 5800. (manual)

what do you guys think?

2. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

Depending on the condition i would say get it. That seems to be a pretty good price. I paid more for my 95 and it had 89k

3. turbotooslow

turbotooslow New Member

yeah its seems like a great price. is 77k too many miles for a domestic? i plan on taking it to my mechanic right away and seeing waht needs replacing and all. other than that, it looks healthy.

4. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

i bought mine with the kenne bell for 8,400 and 82K on the ticker

5. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

77k isnt many miles considering it is a 95. Most are close to/over 100k id say

6. billmacomber1987

billmacomber1987 New Member

damn i got mine with 94,000 a little more miles than yours but i got it for an even 4,000 and they worked with me on the pink slip sailes price so i didnt get stuck with taxes it has everything except for lether but i dont think they knew what they had the car was dirty and ugly with the stock wheels i spent a few days washing and cleaning i got 03 cobra wheels repainted a few parts tinted the windows and bam i got one of the hotest cars in town and only for a little over 4500 i got a deal on the rims. what im trying to say is work them downa bit good luck

7. 95CALI-5.0

95CALI-5.0 Active Member

Sounds like a great price. That is pretty low miles for a 95. My 95 has 77k on the clock and I dont's drive if very much. I say get it. :banana:

8. wytstang

wytstang Well-Known Member

A condition=good price

9. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

sounds good to me

10. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

sounds pretty good to me

11. turbotooslow

turbotooslow New Member

awesome guys :] now i just have to wait for my dad to get his new car and hopefully it is still for sale, crossing my fingers.

12. GreenPony95

GreenPony95 Member

lOlS i paid bout 5000us for my ride wit well al lil more than 200K lol, real clean n shit lol

13. no bad price...

kkb.com

check the kelly blue book value...

I bought a 1994 GT convertable with 69,000 miles... for $3,000

in great shape too...

thats all it was worth... 3 grand... so before you buy a car check the value... if it isn't priced at the value you are spending too much

14. 94gtstang50

94gtstang50 Well-Known Member

15. turbotooslow

turbotooslow New Member

awesome, thanks guys. would it be bad idea to bring up the quoted price from edmunds/nada/kbb to the dealer, or should i just try to work them down without mentioning it..?

16. 94gtstang50

94gtstang50 Well-Known Member

I told the guy at the dealership how much his car was worth according to edmunds, I used (private party value) and we came up with a reasonable 4k closing cost. Remember, they get most of these cars dirt cheap at auction. Make sure you get a warranty though just in case stuff like the ac or whatnot doesn't work.

17. the guy probably bought it for 2 grand at an auction... IF THAT!

just make sure that you don't spend over the value...

cars are BY FAR the worst investments

18. turbotooslow

turbotooslow New Member

yeah, they are the worst investments, but inturn dealers make insade profit off of them.

i noticed that alot of cobras and gt's are priced at like 11-15k, when the value of the car is around 6-9k. how do you negotiate such a steep price difference? do you tell the person/dealer they are dumbasses for trying to sell the car that high, or do you bring up a value from edmunds, etc?

19. you

A. make an offer @ blue book value
    B. negotiate the price as close to value
    C. tell them that they suck at life and don't buy the car

I was lookin for a car from Junior year hike school til I graduated... roughly 2 years... I passed up so many BEAUTIFUL cars... regardless of the condition... a car is only worth what an insurance company will rate it at (www.kbb.com) AND/OR what a person will pay... and people are dumb and will pay alot extra so used car dealers thrive and make big bucks (remember 98% of people are more or less retarded)

just be carefull what you buy...

when you look at a car that has a power adder or and/or lots of modifications... that raises a red flag... did the owner beat the car? why is he selling it? Is the car's death coming soon? etc etc etc...