95 mustang gt daily driver throw out bearing went out

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
so i have a 95 mustang gt and my throw out bearing diffidently went out to day it been making a little noise and to day it started sounding like metal on a lathe when i push in the clutch YAY!!!:( and it is my daily driver but i was thinking of going with a stage one racing clutch is this a good idea on a Daily or should i just go with a direct stock replacement.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wait, why are you replacing you clutch?
Are you thinking of upgrading while you're under there? If so, do whatever you want.

For the TOB using only ford. With other brands you will very likely have to replace VERY quickly... believe me, it took me two times before I just put a ford one in. Haven't had issues since.

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
Yeah I figured if I have to pull the throw out bearing might as well pull the clutch at well since the car was completely stock when I bought it and nearly driven

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
wait, why are you replacing you clutch?
Are you thinking of upgrading while you're under there? If so, do whatever you want.

For the TOB using only ford. With other brands you will very likely have to replace VERY quickly... believe me, it took me two times before I just put a ford one in. Haven't had issues since.
Also was looking at getting a kit from American muscle or latemodel

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
Well click buy in this set up fig since its all 20 years old this was the best way side exhast will be put on hold for a little while :(

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
You may consider a new bearing support too. I replaced my noisy TOB for the new Ford unit to start chirping almost immediately. I put another new Ford TOB in it along with a new bearing support and it's been quiet for a while now.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have a RAM HDX clutch in my 95 GT. Daily driven, I love it. Upgraded stage one. Takes a beating like a champ.

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
Well took the tranny out and apart
d9312e2e01f1925fb067fcffcb32cd5f.jpg

Yup any who glad I ordered the master kit you can tell it has not been touched in 20 but it just hit 80,00 miles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99