95 mustang gt first timer

Conrodj

Reaction score
So I got my first mustang this winter, I got it for 2500$ 220k on it with a bit done to it it has 373, msd , 3.5 inch cold air , centreline rims 9.5 wide on rear well that's the good the bad is that when I pulled a spark plug it was to long for the car like 6 threads to long.... I was lucky that it dident hit but still. The mufflers we're suppose to be one n one out but for some reason they put them on one in 2 out and blocked off one Side by welding a plate on. caster camber plates are worn out they have been for a long time. They cut up a 3 inch air filter and put it on my 3.5 inch pipe with electrical tape with a big hole in it that let lots of air thro. They did a horrible paint job and it's been crashed the I knew none of the bad stuff when I bougth it fml..... But I have fixed the mufflers air filter spark plugs I have the caster campber plates not on yet , so what I have done to the car other than that is I put Mikky Thomson drag radials and a zex wet nitrous kit on it, I have gt40 heads that look like they were in junk yard for 15-20 years and upper lower intake off of a explore , is it worth getting them checked or just by some aluminum ones? How much nitrous can I run is 125 safe? What else would you guys do next? I was at a 1/8 mile track last week and I ran 9.68 2.1 60 ft it was up hill, with out nitrous and that's all it told me no mph no 330 it sucked how do you think that time is is it alright? I know ill do better at our 1/4 mile track

RichV

Reaction score
Sounds like a basket case. Everyone finds mickey moused shit from previous owners, but you sure have a lot.

On the GT40s, have them checked, and put in some good valve springs. Explorer valve springs are not made for high RPM. And see if you can get a GT40 intake too.

OP
OP
C

Conrodj

Reaction score
Thanks and the gt40s are worth it power wise? And also how do you post a pic on here?

russ8825

Reaction score
GT40s aren't that bad with a little bit of work on them. If you have to money to get some aluminum heads, go for it. It all depends on your budget. What are your plans/goals for the car and what are you looking to spend

OP
OP
C

Conrodj

Reaction score
Ok I'll see if I can do that when I get home, what I want to do with this car is a street/strip car I think on n/a I'm going to shoot for around 300whp then go from there

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
gt40 heads and intake with a decent cam and a tune should get you to 300ish easy.
Don't forget to upgrade the vlv springs on the P heads

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Post a pic of the heads and we can tell you if you have regular or P heads. Well, you can tell yourself... 3 bars=GT40s, 4 bars=Ps. You absolutely need to get them cleaned up. Have a shop clean them, do a valve job and have new seals and a basic set of TFS springs/locks/retainers installed. DO NOT PORT THEM. That is a waste of money and by the time you pay to have them ported and everything you'll be into them for as much or damn near as much as a brand new set of aluminums.

Also you should do a compression and leakdown check on this engine before you do anything. GT40s and a GT40 intake with a decent cam on a stock 302 with a tune and bolt ons is a 275-280rwhp car. Nothing to sneeze at at all. You can toss a 150 shot at it no problem, just need to upgrade the fuel system to support it. Going to need a nitrous tune and a few other goodies too. You also need to build up the rest of the car to take that power if you plan on putting 400 to the wheels like you will if you go bottle. Chassis stiffening, suspension, a good set of drag tires, trans may or may not grenade on you at that level and you'll be required to have a cage too if you are running 11s or better. At least on every 1/4 track I've ever been to...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome.

My first question is how do you know it's truly a 363? Stock blocks typically don't work well without majorly overheating and as much bs as was done to the car it seems odd they'd of bought an aftermarket block to do this with.

If it truly is a 363 and it's a stock block you need to look over cooking system as these wi badly overheatwit such thin cylinder walls in that big of bore.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I read thru it a second time and noticed that. That's y I posted the second comment about gears

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.