95 mustang gt stops pulling at 120mph

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Yeah. That was a lifetime ago; not too awfully long after I got my car. Young, dumb, etc. I wanted to stretch it out to see what it would really do. I had already tweaked it some with the standard tricks and bolt-on stuff of the time. Good cool, clear day with the sun at my back, no one out on the road; I just had to try it. Trooper was a friend of mine who just happened to be taking a coffee break off the edge of a loooong, straight, flat, quiet, secondary road through the very rural country. I was a Paramedic and worked for the county he was assigned to so we saw each other all the time. He was actually pretty pissed when he got to me. Said I put him in a bad spot and by all rights I should go to jail. Said if he had called it in, he wouldn't have any choice. Said only reason he didn't was he though it was me when I went by him. That, and I got out of it as soon as I past him and saw I was busted. I went ahead, pulled on over and waited on him to get there. I didn't know it was him until he got out of his car and slammed the door on the way up to me. He was in a '93 Mustang cop car and I think that may have helped me out a bit. I did tote an @$$-chewing, though. After he got through chewing, he said he didn't think the new ones would run that fast. I told him I didn't think mine would either so it must not have been me. That got a chuckle and a "you better not tell anyone I let you go" warning. He said he and all of his trooper buddies were disappointed that the Mustang would no longer be available as a police car after the '93's were gone. To this day, he laughs when he sees me. If that were to happen today, I'd STILL be in jail and probably lose my car to boot. Oh well...memories of a misspent youth.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Yeah. That was a lifetime ago; not too awfully long after I got my car. Young, dumb, etc. I wanted to stretch it out to see what it would really do. I had already tweaked it some with the standard tricks and bolt-on stuff of the time. Good cool, clear day with the sun at my back, no one out on the road; I just had to try it. Trooper was a friend of mine who just happened to be taking a coffee break off the edge of a loooong, straight, flat, quiet, secondary road through the very rural country. I was a Paramedic and worked for the county he was assigned to so we saw each other all the time. He was actually pretty pissed when he got to me. Said I put him in a bad spot and by all rights I should go to jail. Said if he had called it in, he wouldn't have any choice. Said only reason he didn't was he though it was me when I went by him. That, and I got out of it as soon as I past him and saw I was busted. I went ahead, pulled on over and waited on him to get there. I didn't know it was him until he got out of his car and slammed the door on the way up to me. He was in a '93 Mustang cop car and I think that may have helped me out a bit. I did tote an @$$-chewing, though. After he got through chewing, he said he didn't think the new ones would run that fast. I told him I didn't think mine would either so it must not have been me. That got a chuckle and a "you better not tell anyone I let you go" warning. He said he and all of his trooper buddies were disappointed that the Mustang would no longer be available as a police car after the '93's were gone. To this day, he laughs when he sees me. If that were to happen today, I'd STILL be in jail and probably lose my car to boot. Oh well...memories of a misspent youth.
We had a undercover state trooper foxbody LX 5.0 as a cop car here in Kentucky, it's nickname was called the "Grey Ghost" because it blended in with the road, and before you knew it, it was behind you w/ the blues on. I have around 1,500 hot wheels and Matchbox mustangs, and 2 of the Stangs are foxbody cop cars. I'm still a kid at heart.1548966907019376053875.jpg

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
We had a undercover state trooper foxbody LX 5.0 as a cop car here in Kentucky, it's nickname was called the "Grey Ghost" because it blended in with the road, and before you knew it, it was behind you w/ the blues on. I have around 1,500 hot wheels and Matchbox mustangs, and 2 of the Stangs are foxbody cop cars. I'm still a kid at heart.View attachment 646
Man those are way cool!!! My dad has a thing for the SSP "cop" car 5.0 Mustangs. He has 3 or 4 left from as many as 6 if memory serves. He sold a couple over the past 5 or so years. I know he still has a '90, '91, and '93. The '90 is that ghost grey looking color (my uncle, RIP, named that one the "Old Lady") and the other two are the highway patrol silver. The '91 was a fully marked car and had a light bar on top. The '93 was an unmarked car. My sister is driving the '91 some right now. Why he agreed to that I'll never know. The others are just sitting out in the weather with all of the other Mustangs. I ask him often what he's gonna do with them. He says the same thing every time; "they ain't hurtin' nobody. When I'm dead, do with them what you want to." The '93 only has about 89,000 miles on it and it drove like a new one the last time I was in it. Man, talk about bringing back memories. :rolleyes:

AStangThang

Reaction score
Man those are way cool!!! My dad has a thing for the SSP "cop" car 5.0 Mustangs. He has 3 or 4 left from as many as 6 if memory serves. He sold a couple over the past 5 or so years. I know he still has a '90, '91, and '93. The '90 is that ghost grey looking color (my uncle, RIP, named that one the "Old Lady") and the other two are the highway patrol silver. The '91 was a fully marked car and had a light bar on top. The '93 was an unmarked car. My sister is driving the '91 some right now. Why he agreed to that I'll never know. The others are just sitting out in the weather with all of the other Mustangs. I ask him often what he's gonna do with them. He says the same thing every time; "they ain't hurtin' nobody. When I'm dead, do with them what you want to." The '93 only has about 89,000 miles on it and it drove like a new one the last time I was in it. Man, talk about bringing back memories. :rolleyes:
Dang bro, that is freaking awsome! I would love to get my hands on one of those cars. I live 2 hours from Lexington, KY, and that's where they keep the "Grey Ghost" at, the only one in the state of KY. They took it out of service back in the late 90's, and has been at the state police barracks since, sitting indoors, and kinda kept like a museum piece. I've only seen it one time, but growing up around here it sounded very mythical like a damn dragon . Your going to have to get on your old man lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang bro, that is freaking awsome! I would love to get my hands on one of those cars. I live 2 hours from Lexington, KY, and that's where they keep the "Grey Ghost" at, the only one in the state of KY. They took it out of service back in the late 90's, and has been at the state police barracks since, sitting indoors, and kinda kept like a museum piece. I've only seen it one time, but growing up around here it sounded very mythical like a damn dragon . Your going to have to get on your old man lol

2 hours from lex?? Where you at???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AStangThang

Reaction score
I am hoping to head to bowling green/beach bend on april 12, friday night for the outlaw street car reunion race if you dudes are bored that night.
That sounds like a good time. I get my heads back around the end of February, so I definitely should be done with my car. I've got to run to Shelbyville, KY to get my tune.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am hoping to head to bowling green/beach bend on april 12, friday night for the outlaw street car reunion race if you dudes are bored that night.

I won’t have the beast but if you make that trip I’ll head down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregbar

Reaction score
A little late with the reply. My cobra has a high speed multiplier. This is located in PID FN396A at 90 MPH the multiplier starts to go down from 0.99 0.95. i changed mine to remain at 0.99

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online