95 plenum set up 1st timedoing

ranger56528

Reaction score
Ok so I'm all new to this injection stuff bought a 95 5.0 HO GT for 1800 last week and it's in very nice condition,my last Mustang was a 66 pony 289 so anyway for a basic set up on the upper end this is what I'm doing,my GT has a CAI and Headers and a shift kit so my plan is to just do a upper plenum with some extras,here it is.
New strut Brace,
Qualifier upper plenum,
Professional products elbow,
Poweraid TB spacer,
BBK 70 mm TB.
New TPS,
New IAC,
New EGR,
New EGR sensor,
O2 sensors,
thermostat housing with thermostat,
All gaskets.
So what ya think is this a doable setup or am I missing something
I will be building a full motor and Trany for my ride this winter so this is a just get me by setup.

Thanks and I can handle the heat so let me have it.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Should add I did by a cheep Innovations Performance chip/power Programmer for it being I'm changing air flow and I'll wait on a new MAF until I do the build I'll clean this one for now.
the Mustang run strong right now as it sits but I like to tinker.

95opal

Reaction score
Never heard of a qualifier intake. To start with I would say hold off on the intake until you do the motor build as your going to want an intake that will match the flow of your heads and the operating range of the new combo your putting together. At this point with everything stock you will net next to nothing by swapping intakes. Unless your getting codes for any if the sensors i would also leave them alone. New plugs cap wires and rotor is about the only thing i would do until you begin the motor build. Your biggest bottle neck at the moment would be your stock catted h-pipe, swap in a high flow or off-road pipe and you will see a decent gain. Remember slapping individual parts at it isnt the most proficient way to go about it. Plan your motor build and start collecting the parts for the combo you decide on and go from there.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I disagree about intake gaining next to nothing. When my longblock was totally stock, I've installed a small Edelbrock performer with a 75mm throttlebody and combined them with 1.7 Roller Rockers. All that gave a dynojet verified 28 rwhp, and a lot better power up top. Doesn't sound like next to nothing to me. I understand that 1.7 roller rockers helped, but they surely didn't do all the work. Everyone on the forums said that I would lose a ton of bottom end torque, in reality I lost nothing. Point of the story is, if you already have the parts, install them and see what you get. Do your own research, find out for yourself why certain things will work. Or you can let other people tell you what to do based on their opinions.

21147yh.jpg

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Remember I'm just putting this on the motor I have none of these parts will be going on my build that I'm doing this fall and winter,the parts I've listed are just to get a little more out of the motor in it now,my build I hope will be right around 450-500 hp I see no reason to go bigger yet but that could change depending on available funds.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Never heard of a qualifier intake. To start with I would say hold off on the intake until you do the motor build as your going to want an intake that will match the flow of your heads and the operating range of the new combo your putting together. At this point with everything stock you will net next to nothing by swapping intakes. Unless your getting codes for any if the sensors i would also leave them alone. New plugs cap wires and rotor is about the only thing i would do until you begin the motor build. Your biggest bottle neck at the moment would be your stock catted h-pipe, swap in a high flow or off-road pipe and you will see a decent gain. Remember slapping individual parts at it isnt the most proficient way to go about it. Plan your motor build and start collecting the parts for the combo you decide on and go from there.
This has nothing to do with my build its just some extras I'm throwing on the stock motor well almost stock that I'll drive till my other motor is done,about the only thing I'll keep is the strut brace being ill need that for my build motor.
i like this forum that's why I posted here I might not of said it the best but the list I posted is for the motor in it now without putting to much into it maybe 700 total,my main focus will be trying to decide if I want to buy a already built aode or build the one I can get for cheep.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I'll let ya know on the cheap programmer on how it works out, should be here today or Monday and is a 10-15 min instal.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Power chip just showed up via mail,I'll get it in tonight or tomorrow and let you all know if it was worth 60 bucks.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Well I got it installed,just disconnect neg battery cable and splice into that IAT sensor and it says to let sit over night with battery un hooked to make sure codes are out and then it will take up to a week for it to fully program in....will see and I'll report back on this cheap mod.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
How is this performance module installed? Just noticed above you have to splice it in with your IAT sensor wiring. So manipulating your IAT voltage nets you the following (Increase Fuel Savings, Increase Horsepower, Increase Torque, Increase Climbing and Passing Ability, Increase Fuel Economy and Increased Horsepower & Torque across the entire rpm range). Based on my experience, this product and products like it are a complete waste of money.

RichV

Reaction score
Sounds like on of those magic e-bay "chips", don't waste your $$. I know you already got it.

Still don't know what the qualifier plenum is, if it's a breadbox upper it won't do a whole lot. If you're going in there anyway and want a cheap HP bump, do a GT40 top end and cam. Can be had for cheap on craigslist, and you'll put down a solid 260 to the tires if your bottom end is healthy. Tuning/chip, throttle body, bigger injectors/MAF is all a waste of money IMO unless you're bumping compression or boosting it.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies like I said I'm new to the FI seen so it's a learning curve I only have experience with carb motors so I'll read and listen and go from their.....

Richv I've looked at the GT40 kit with the B303 cam and for the price it's not a bad set up for around 60 to the rw,I'm waiting for a compression tester to show up so I can check the block I'm running now and it would save me around 3k if the cylinders are all good and just throw a top end in it.

rw95gt

Reaction score
That upper plenum will not bolt up to your lower intake. You will need to buy the upper and lower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
That upper plenum will not bolt up to your lower intake. You will need to buy the upper and lower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That at was one of my questions being I couldn't find a streight out answer anywhere,I already had the upper on order(be here today) so now I either return it or find a lower that will work. I li,e the chrome look but maybe I should spend a couple hundred more and buy a better set up but at least I'll be able to still put my new 70mm TB on and new Egr,tps,iac today and go from there.
By the way I have noticed small difference with the programmer I put on but not sure it was 60 bucks worth but time will tell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah