95 resurrection project

dameion50

Reaction score
Here’s my new project. 95 gt. Stock motor, typical mods such as off road h pipe and flows. Some very questionable “mods” done to it. It needs a lot but that’s one of the reasons I got it. Very familiar with mustangs. This is the second 95 I’ve had. First one was a convertible that dyno’ed 526hp/498tq to the tires with a 150 shot with a stock block.
As you guys can see in the pics, this car hasn’t led an easy life. Yes, that skull on the rear bumper and oz racing and claw marks are painted on. The rest are stickers except for the rebel flag on the side skirt which is metal and has been riveted on lol.
The strut bar was just laying there but with a wire wrapped around one end, going down to the control arm. While there taking that off, there was a ratchet strap around the control arm going to the h pipe. Needless to say, it was a little crispy when I cut it off. Speaking of which, the pile is all the wires and jack chain that was wrapped around the exhaust. I’m assuming it was there to hold it up but after taking all that crap off, it isn’t going anywhere. The cream on top was at the rear end. Sorry for the crappy pics but yes, those are Lakewood traction bars, ones meant for a leaf spring set up, bolted to the lower control arm, facing towards the rear. Serves no purpose at all other than adding extra weight. And the top of my list of craziest things I have found on a car, wedged on top of the rear sway bar and rear bumper cover is a stop sign. Yes, a legit stop sign. Don’t know what the hell they were thinking lol. 1036C007-C75A-476C-81E3-22B40F9F5B45.jpegFD554D8B-CEDF-4839-9EC0-5E5FCC9BA689.jpegB6C9A682-188B-4E04-8FF1-673C4E50105E.jpeg964DA726-A31B-4B50-A459-439AFFDF3C01.jpeg3F7067C9-CF2F-4E31-908A-4838DF9885DF.jpeg8C7EDDCF-F210-4C7D-AB35-4544852014FC.jpeg58E78C06-C314-4E1D-92C2-84A72399A7C7.jpeg6E3C9E70-45A9-43A3-974C-AC87BA942474.jpeg59089BFC-262A-4592-AFF8-62D9F71B2C4D.jpegF0113C23-5C2B-44A9-BB8B-B6E17E0D8AD4.jpeg

OP
OP
dameion50

dameion50

Reaction score
Plans are to get it running well. I got it cheap because it wouldn’t start. Got it running about 15 minutes after getting it home. Runs, just not real well at the moment due to many vacuum leaks and missing intake bolts. Figure out why the toogle inside and the little dial at the cluster…well that runs the fuel pump off and on. How or why, don’t know yet. After getting it running well, both bumper covers will be replaced, probably with cobra pieces. Loved the look of my 98 cobra so I want to mimic that look. The cobra badges will go away though. Headlights will be replaced and more than likely the hood with either a cowl hood or a 98 cobra hood if I can find one. It is a cervini ram air hood but I’m not sold on it at the moment. Maybe with good paint it may look good.
A 5 speed conversion is in the works as well. I don’t do well with autos. It will be slow going as I am a single dad with a 20 month old son so free time is rare. I will update as I go along.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Oh man, please for the love of God, save that car! Lol. I think you’re off to a good start just by removing the garbage that has been installed already. Do you have any engine plans for it? Keeping the stock ecu?

OP
OP
dameion50

dameion50

Reaction score
Plans for the time being are to get it running well first. Fresh tune up, oil change, fuel filter, fixing the many exhaust leaks. I will have to go through every vacuum line as well as most are broken or missing. I will be just fixing the basic ones as I will be removing all the emissions parts anyway as the car has no cats and the egr and smog pump were already blocked off. I don’t have emissions testing where I live on something this old anyway. Plus it will free up some room for what I plan on in the future. As for engine mods, there will be a head, cam, intake combo going on in the future but first comes a 5 speed conversion. Of course those bumpers covers and headlights have got to go. The rear bumper cover is a saleen knock off it looks like but is fiberglass. Already has some holes in it and a couple pieces of the diamond plate screwed to the bottom of it lol.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it looks like you might need a new header panel behind the front bumper or else they just do not know how to mount headlights.

Like I said its obvious that someone really loved it at one time but we all know that love is not always right....

OP
OP
dameion50

dameion50

Reaction score
it looks like you might need a new header panel behind the front bumper or else they just do not know how to mount headlights.

Like I said its obvious that someone really loved it at one time but we all know that love is not always right....
You are correct. Good eye. Have a header panel for it already. As far as the mounting of the headlights…they were literally on there with nothing but zip ties holding them on. Only the one on the drivers side had one mounting stud on it and it wasn’t being used. The headlights are going into the trash.
I did luck up though. I had picked up an old sand rail frame about a year ago for free. Guy just wanted it out of the yard. Posted it up for sale or trade and gentleman came and got it and brought with him a few parts. Header panel, taillights, distributor, radiator, fan, overflow tank, console, door panels, radio bezel with the top vents and the most important thing I needed, a throttle cable. The throttle cable was messed up, had a kink in it. Been years since I had a mustang and I wasn’t aware of how hard it is to find a throttle cable.

OP
OP
dameion50

dameion50

Reaction score
Not much to update at the moment as been busy with work. I will be working on it over the weekend though so more pics to come.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
take your time , thats what its about , enjoy it, do it right the first time
thats what projects like these are about

OP
OP
dameion50

dameion50

Reaction score
take your time , thats what its about , enjoy it, do it right the first time
thats what projects like these are about
That’s the plan. This is my 22nd mustang. Got my first one, an 84 gt when I was 19. Fast forward 25 years and I still love ‘em. Just have more patience than I did before to take my time. Has a 98 cobra about 7 years ago that was supercharged. Thought I messed it up as it developed a knock. Bought a used lower mileage engine, swapped it out and during the swap I found out what the knock was. Turned out to be a busted pilot bearing. I didn’t take the time to inspect everything before spending all that money. Lesson learned lol

OP
OP
dameion50

dameion50

Reaction score
Had to fix an oil leak on my Yukon first thing this morning but did get to do a little to the mustang. The core support area where the radiator sits down onto was bent back an inch or so. Car came with a huge 4” thick aluminum radiator so I definitely wanted to use it. Got the support bent back into shape with a couple ratchet straps and a come a long and a bfh. After that I pulled the upper intake off because 2 of the long bolts weren’t going down like they should have. I’m the pics is what I found. Just a little red silicone and no gasket lol. Tapped all the threaded holes, got the proper length bolts, fixed the vacuum lines and pcv line as well. Put a gasket on it and she runs a lot better now. Surprised it ran at all with no gasket. Will post a few pics and hopefully a short video.

OP
OP
dameion50

dameion50

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to mess around with the mustang. Fixed the leaking exhaust at the passenger side header. Cleaned and painted the intake and valve covers and discovered no gasket between the throttle body and intake so new one went on. I did find out about the dial at the cluster. Goes to a superchips chip. No idea what tunes are on it at the moment. Trying to find a local shop that still deals with them to possibly find out. Numbers 0 through 3 are the times and number 4 is stock tune. Other numbers are anti theft modes. Haven’t decided to keep it or not. Replaced the radio bezel and top vents, pulled the stock radio and CD player out as well as neither worked. Got all the egr and smog pump and associated hoses and such off as well. Ac compressor will be next. Replaced the bearing in the tensioner pulley as the tensioner itself was good but the bearing was shot. The idler was toast as well but picked up a steel one from Napa. It’s a little wider than the factory plastic one but bolts up the same and works. I will post pics of it and the part number in case someone is interested. 22074A1B-70AE-42E9-BCC9-BCDE7216ADEA.jpeg69A22375-FEF8-4AAB-BD7F-110C17552462.jpegB6B81219-483B-414E-B822-6F61EB80D9E0.jpeg008268FE-0A9B-4CD8-A532-883CBE635FD8.jpegCB668FF9-BECB-4D13-BE73-098662A65F1B.jpeg9B9441E6-7AFF-46CE-A765-5FA1EAEE0151.jpeg6A946145-87C1-4EEF-909D-CD82429A0DFA.jpegAF237013-2CC0-4E51-9350-CA694AF9648A.jpeg

OP
OP
dameion50

dameion50

Reaction score
Got some time today to work on it. Found out the other day that the previous idiot, I mean owner, has broken the bottom part of the intake off where the lower bolt goes through for the thermostat. Picked up another lower for $25. It came off a fox. Never noticed the differences before but the fox one has 2 more places that are threaded that go to the water ports. I will use both at a later time. One for a mechanical gauge and the other for a fan controller as the fan won’t come on when up to temp. I put a new 180 stat in it anyway so I’d like to control the fan myself. Plugged those ports and the one for the iac as well. The heater hoses were clogged as well. Got the new intake on and changed the oil as well. Finally got some spark plugs and pulled the old ones and they were nasty. Old motor craft platinum plugs and 2 different heat ranges as well. Soon as I pulled them I knew that it didn’t have stock heads. Turns out it has gt40 heads on it so score! I know they aren’t the best but still better than e7s. Got the right spark plugs, some autolite 104s and now she runs very well. Tried the chip again and had to back the timing off a little as im guessing the chip advances it. Set it at 10* for now.

OP
OP
dameion50

dameion50

Reaction score
I do need some new injectors. The plastic cap was missing on half of them and the drivers side fuel rail was bent and one of the hold down tabs is broken off. So I am gonna have to get some rails as well. This poor car has been abused so much

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online