95 stang idles ruff and sometimes times dies when warm

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
I have been chasing this for a while now and have replaced a lot I parts not so long ago I replaced the dizzy with new spark plug wires and spark plugs . Then the battery still did not fix it so I then replaced the tfi module still have problems yesterday I replaced the igniton coil thoughy I fixed it but still no luck. I am thinking fuel pump may be next since I replaced the fuel filter not to long ago . I included a video of what it is doing any help would be amazing the chasing of this ghost is annoying HTTPS://vimeo.com/134957410

castine917

Reaction score
When fuel related issues come about you should look at fuel system. When spark related issues come about you should look at spark system. When temperature related issues come about you should look at temperature related controls and causes. Check temp. sensor.

87hurricane

Reaction score
The iac normally will cause a high idle condition, but it shouldn't be able to make it stall. You need to start with some basic diag first and figure out what is causing your stalling condition. Have you pulled codes? Might be a good place to start.

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
The iac normally will cause a high idle condition, but it shouldn't be able to make it stall. You need to start with some basic diag first and figure out what is causing your stalling condition. Have you pulled codes? Might be a good place to start.
I am dumb I will as admit it I test the throttle sensor it was good and standing there looking at my engine I notice that the tube running from oil c neck breather to cold air intake. Was off so I fixed that and well it's running good at moment
0e4456d63e9ba48c7aa4cd44a0d507ce.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
HAve you pulled codes?
What is your fuel pressure? be sure to test with the Vacuum disconnected from the FPR.
How did you test the TPS?
Did you replace the dizzy with new or remanned?

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
HAve you pulled codes?
What is your fuel pressure? be sure to test with the Vacuum disconnected from the FPR.
How did you test the TPS?
Did you replace the dizzy with new or remanned?
New dizzy I am test fuel pressure today and I have pulled code 00 damn obd1

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
no You can't with OBD2. You can buy a ford OBD1 reader for cheap or use a paperclip. Just look in your Haynes manual for the procedure.
BTW the OBD2 port under the dash on 94-95Gt's doesn't work for pulling codes.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
well something's wrong. Either the reader is bad, or your connecting it wrong, or the computer is bad. IDK.
You could try the paperclip method the just count the blinks on the dash.

What is the fuel pressure with the vacuum off of the regulator? A tester can be borrowed from the parts house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online