95 Supercharger

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I just got my mustang and I was looking for some good ways to get some power. As of right now I have Long Tube Headers, Exhaust, Pulleys, 4.10 Gears, Cold Air Intake, MSD Ignition setup and some other things that don't really do much in terms of power. I was looking at doing a bigger engine upgrade (Like new Heads, Intake and Cam) However this car only has 34,000 miles on it. So I was thinkin I could slap a Supercharger on it, of course I understand I have to upgrade misc. stuff but what do you think would be my best option? I'm not looking to spend TONS of money but I'm looking for a good bang for the buck.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice startup of mods you have there. Since you have such low mileage I would just charge it as well and run it at like 8-9psi. Like you said you do have to upgrade some things like the Injectors, Fuel Pump, as well you should get a new larger maf calibrated to the new injectors.

I would look into the Vortech S Trim or SQ trim there popular for a good reason. OR you can look into a Kenne Bell which is the roots style blower (what I think im going to go with).

Julian Moore

Reaction score
I would suggest, for the money and name...vortech. I also like a KB (exspensive) and paxton...no go on a procharger...everyone I know who has one..regrets it. I'm not talking about the guys making 1000 hp..just the average bolt on guy. IMO

94twinscrew

Reaction score
um....cough,cough kb.....lol Stay away from ATI's my buddy has one, and has nothin but issues. Vortech is good stuff though.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
um....cough,cough kb.....lol Stay away from ATI's my buddy has one, and has nothin but issues. Vortech is good stuff though.

your buddy must have gotten a bad one, or had a poor install, think of it this way if the ATI product was so bad why are they SO popular on all supercharged autos from Mustangs to GMC trucks...........just something to think about, but I would vote KB anyway ::)

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
how do u like the KB man?! I wanna get one so bad.

ATI's?

I luv my blower,but it's not a kb compressor anymore....I'm affiliated with Opcon/Autorotor,and I swapped out my 10 year old 1.7 for their new hybrid race 2.0. There's only three of us guys using it right now, and the thing is just a monster. In 3rd and 4th I can watch the boost stack up to 18psi before I pull out of it! Kb's are a good blower for 5.0's on the street,but you need meth to get the most out of it....without that,you'll be lucky to see 375 at the wheels. One of the guys (Tinman)that I talk to over on the Corral just hit over 570wrhp with his at 14psi on a 331 with afr's and cam.....he's going back for another shot with more timing to see if he can break 600whp(freakin crazy)lol

I have a local budy that just put on a 2.2 on his bone stock 89(w 42's &maf),and with the 14# pulley,he put down 346whp with 440 torque.....it doesn't sound like much,but he can't wipe the smile off his face.lol When you get serious about it, let me know....I can get the compressor's and snouts at dealer rates. All you would need would be the manifolds and bracket. :pimp2:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
94twinscrew said:

your buddy must have gotten a bad one, or had a poor install, think of it this way if the ATI product was so bad why are they SO popular on all supercharged autos from Mustangs to GMC trucks...........just something to think about, but I would vote KB anyway ::)

I wouldn't say that he got a bad one,....he put's down over 550whp on a stock lower. But I will say that their bracket design for fox'a sucks big time. I've never seen a blower throw belts as much as prochargers tend to do....but he just upgraded his bracket,so we'll see what happens next.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
See here is my problem. After reading a lot of different articles and countless forums, it seems that although a SC MIGHT be a cheaper route, turbos seem to put more power down. Well that and since im kinda on a tight budget. Would you suggest just doing a different H/C/I setup? I was thinkin of AFR or Trick Flow Heads, Cam Products Cam, and maybe the Victor Intake. Would that be something worth my investing??

Big Ben

Reaction score
New to board. My Procharger has been on the car for years. No problem. :thumb:

chickendreamer

Reaction score
I think any of the superchargers companies (paxton, KB, vortech, procharger) make a good product. It's just brand preference imho. If I were to get one I would go with the less expensive one.

jimgt95

Reaction score
I have 34K miles on my Mustang as well. I went the KB route. It's a blast on the street. Power comes on immediately. 4.10's will be way too much for a torque producer like a Kenne Bell though. I have 3.55's and I can light em up if I want to without pushing it very hard. 4.10's would be great for a centrifugal supercharger though. You have the right mileage (like myself) to really do whatever you want. If you don't put gobs of boost through your stock short block you'll have plenty of time to save for that built motor and then really turn up the boost on whatever supercharger you go with. In the meantime it'll be "miles of smiles." :banana:

Big Ben

Reaction score
I've got a Procharger d1r. No problems for 8 year or so years.
Got to say pretty happy with it.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I like my Vortech V2 SQ . . . . but my car is pretty slow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.