95 svt cobra 5.0

95pootang

Reaction score
how much do theses engines put out stock? im thinking about getting a new crated svt 5.0 for my stang. thanks

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
240 to the flywheel.... but with some free mods like advancing your timing to like 14 desgrees and full exhaust you could make macn around 240 to the wheels.... i will post my dyno sheet

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
can the gt manifold and all the outter stock stuff from a 5.0 gt be used a on a long block windsor cobra engine.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
95pootang said:
can the gt manifold and all the outter stock stuff from a 5.0 gt be used a on a long block windsor cobra engine.
id imagine it would, but i cant see putting a stock 5.0 ho manifold on a windsor.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
I hate to ask how much you will be paying for it? You could just do a rebuild of your motor for cheaper with a new cam,heads , and a upper and lower

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
well, im just looking at options here, i havent done anything.im just looking into beefing up my bottom end alittle bit more. i live in california so what ever i do has to be smog legal damit , lol the cobra engine is 2200 from the dealership a crated 5.0 is about 1500 from another place. so mi dont know im still up in the air . we shall see.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
95pootang said:
well, im just looking at options here, i havent done anything.im just looking into beefing up my bottom end alittle bit more. i live in california so what ever i do has to be smog legal damit , lol the cobra engine is 2200 from the dealership a crated 5.0 is about 1500 from another place. so mi dont know im still up in the air . we shall see.
You could have about 2200 in a rebuilt motor that will pass emissions and have way more power than the 2 option you have.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
dynosheet.png

here's the dyno sheet srry if its big and looks cut off my scanner is gay.... but as you can see i made 234/278 with full exhaust and timing was adavnced 14 degrees

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
dynosheet.png

here's the dyno sheet srry if its big and looks cut off my scanner is gay.... but as you can see i made 234/278 with full exhaust and timing was adavnced 14 degrees

interesting.... i haven't dyno'd mine yet and was wondering what i could expect. my timing is advanced to 17 degrees and with my mods, i hope to be making at least what you are. i was hoping for at least 250/300.

before you ask about the 17 dregrees timing, my engine 130K on it and i bet my timing chain has stretched a little to allow me to run that kind of timing.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
ya you shouldnt have a problem with making or breaking my numbers seeing you have more work to you cobra then i did at the time

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
question for my fellow stangers, can one take a new crated stock 302 and put upgraded heads on it with out doing anything else. thats what i would like to do , but i dont know if one can do that combonation with out doing more. with doing this id be putting the kb blower on with 42 lb injectors and 90 maf cai and the rest of my goodys that are on the car now. thanks for your thoughts

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i dont see why not... reliability is the word of the day .... how long will the motor last with all these goodies there are guys out there putting down in the 400 mark with stock bottom ends with no problems and last a while as long as you take care of it.... if your looking for 500 mark then thats a whole other story better off buying a complete forged 306 shortblock and then throw all those goodies at it 8)

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
im not looking at 500, lol just alitle more punch in the car , that s all. i was told even if i put the blower on my car having 100gs on it , as long as i keep the boost at 6 to 8 it should be fine, i think im going to put the blower on and intime get a crated shot block with some nice heads .

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
kool go for it man... the power will be there no doubt :thumb:

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
· Production 302 roller block , fully machined
· Sealed Power forged piston .068 dish for 9.0:1
· Comp cams Extreme Energy hyd. Roller cam mild , blower specific grind 215/224 Duration @.050 .533 lift 114 LSA
· 1.54 exaust valve , longer to eliminate valve rotator and have adequate spring installed height and pressure
· Eagle I-beam steel rod with ARP cap screw bolt , bushed pin
· Cometic MLS head gaskets
· ARP head studs
· Includes oil pump and remaining gaskets to assemble
well this is what im getting for my car .plus the kenny bell thats sitting out on my bench should make a good combo for what im looking for

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
well the engine should be done this week some time , after a short set back with the heads, but alls good . now just put the puzzle back together and shes done , lol then after that the blower. dam ill be glad when this is done. i went threw this crap on my rx7 . what a pain ,lol . will keep ya posted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online