95 wanting to lower a inch or so

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by wisdom, Jul 29, 2007.

1. wisdom

wisdom New Member

Ok ive read the posts stay away from the cheep stuff, Im new to mustangs, have and have always had jeeps, got a 95gt bought some cobra R replicas 17x9 and 17x10.5, running 40's up front and 35's in the rear and now it just looks like a big gap from tire to fender, think it would look alot better a inch or so lower, dont want to spend a small fortune but dont want junk, will i NEED to change the shocks etc. or can i get away with just getting a set of springs, found some on ebay from just over 200 to as low as 50.00 whats a good brand to look for IF i can get away with just springs, the car is just my DD while my jeep is getting a LT1 put into it, thanks in advance

2. The Green GT

The Green GT Active Member

IMO, I would go with 2 inches. I have H&R race springs and I liek them. The car is my DD and it can get rough, but its not bad. If you go more than 1 inch you WILL need C/C plates. I destroyed a set of tires because I didnt have them.

There is a pic of my car with 17x9 and 17x10.5 Cobra R's with 255/40 up front, and 315/35 in the back and lowered with the H&R springs.

3. eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough Legend

I had a set of Eibach Pro-Kits added to mine It lowered it right at 1 1/4". I had to add C/C plates! I bought them already knowing I would have to add them though. I think they are FRPP. I love the way my rides and sets!!

4. scarface

scarface Guest

the prokit is very nice.

5. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

i wanted sportlines but i think with the weld wheels the other eibach kit will do better is it the pro kit?

6. scarface

scarface Guest

sportlines and drag wheels.

[​IMG]

7. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

thanks d now i gotta order some damn sportlines and cc plates :mad:

8. wisdom

wisdom New Member

ok what are CC plates??? sorry again i am new to mustangs and cars, ive always just lifted stuff

9. wisdom

wisdom New Member

also does that mean i can get away with just the springs, no new shocks etc? thanks

10. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

CC plates is short for Caster/Camber plates. When you lower a Mustang it throws the camber outside of correctable range of the factory plates, so aftermarket are needed to keep the alignment within spec. Obviously struts/shocks are recommended when lowering but depending how low you go you could run the stock ones for a while, but they will most likely wear out faster.

11. eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough Legend

When I bought mine, I just saw Eibach Pro-Kits on another Mustang! I liked the look, so I had to have them!! I had no idea about any of it. Now, I am looking to replace my stock shocks/struts!

It is smart of you to ask questions now. I wish I would have!

12. BOS-94-003

BOS-94-003 Active Member

Eibach pro-kit on 18" bullit replicas.[​IMG]