95 wanting to lower a inch or so

wisdom

Reaction score
Ok ive read the posts stay away from the cheep stuff, Im new to mustangs, have and have always had jeeps, got a 95gt bought some cobra R replicas 17x9 and 17x10.5, running 40's up front and 35's in the rear and now it just looks like a big gap from tire to fender, think it would look alot better a inch or so lower, dont want to spend a small fortune but dont want junk, will i NEED to change the shocks etc. or can i get away with just getting a set of springs, found some on ebay from just over 200 to as low as 50.00 whats a good brand to look for IF i can get away with just springs, the car is just my DD while my jeep is getting a LT1 put into it, thanks in advance

The Green GT

Reaction score
IMO, I would go with 2 inches. I have H&R race springs and I liek them. The car is my DD and it can get rough, but its not bad. If you go more than 1 inch you WILL need C/C plates. I destroyed a set of tires because I didnt have them.

There is a pic of my car with 17x9 and 17x10.5 Cobra R's with 255/40 up front, and 315/35 in the back and lowered with the H&R springs.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I had a set of Eibach Pro-Kits added to mine It lowered it right at 1 1/4". I had to add C/C plates! I bought them already knowing I would have to add them though. I think they are FRPP. I love the way my rides and sets!!

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i wanted sportlines but i think with the weld wheels the other eibach kit will do better is it the pro kit?

S

scarface

sportlines and drag wheels.

newpics-24.jpg

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
thanks d now i gotta order some damn sportlines and cc plates :mad:

OP
OP
W

wisdom

Reaction score
ok what are CC plates??? sorry again i am new to mustangs and cars, ive always just lifted stuff

OP
OP
W

wisdom

Reaction score
also does that mean i can get away with just the springs, no new shocks etc? thanks

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
CC plates is short for Caster/Camber plates. When you lower a Mustang it throws the camber outside of correctable range of the factory plates, so aftermarket are needed to keep the alignment within spec. Obviously struts/shocks are recommended when lowering but depending how low you go you could run the stock ones for a while, but they will most likely wear out faster.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
When I bought mine, I just saw Eibach Pro-Kits on another Mustang! I liked the look, so I had to have them!! I had no idea about any of it. Now, I am looking to replace my stock shocks/struts!

It is smart of you to ask questions now. I wish I would have!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online