95Cobra302's 95 cobra restoration/build

95Cobra302

Reaction score
:wave:i don't really know how to add pictures and such on here yet. maybe ill figure it out.

Any who i got a 95 cobra in rio red. i traded a 2008 zzr 600 for it. The car has been sitting for the last three years in a field. The body and under carriage is in good condition. that gives me a solid base to build upon.

I guess i can give some information on what I'm dealing with. The day i got the car the guy trailered it to my house. First thing out of is mouth was "i blew the rear brake line over the rear end getting it on the trailer" dang it. Not only this i also had to buy a new battery just to get it in my garage($155 bucks). The original cobra rims seemed like the guy who drove it every day thought pot holes and curbs were part of the road. All four bent to the point of almost breaking 3'' chunks off each rim in multiple places. Not to mention the tires were dated before the year 2000. Wonderful. Of course i knew all of this before i traded it, but i seen the bigger picture… a cobra. A cobra that i have always wanted.

To get a little off track here this will be my fifth mustang. My first was a non LX 302 79' hatch back. loved that car. Me and my father did a lot to it. The second( the most regrettable sale) a 1964 1/4 coupe. I replaced everything on that car or rebuilt it. Had money problems so i had to sell it. The third stang was a 2001 v-6 premium coupe. I know a 3.8l disappointment right? nah, throw some cobra R rims and it makes a world of difference. The last mustang i owned was a 95' GT in teal. This was the first manual trans mustang i had owned. It also had the 302. I may be 26 but its a 302 not a 5.0. I made a custom 200 cobra R exhaust and had 03' cobra rims, pained the tail light bezels and the rear spoiler black. Then… I got a D.U.I. Once again i had to sell it. Go figure a year after i bought it. When i was looking for this car i wanted a cobra and a 302. theres only two years for that… also the taillights on these cars i love.. and i angers me when people change them to 96-98 tails.

Well back to the car at hand. I am going to replace and rebuild every piece on the car. I have started little by little since april of this year. I have 03' black cobra rims; front 17x8, rear 17x10 coming from a friend after he buys a new set. The cobra is on jack stands right now because of the condition of the rims and tires. I just got brand new headlights and markers for 67 bucks (all 4! wahoo!!) those just went in today.. I am currently working on getting a new front bumper cover with hardware and mounting brackets. Then its on to the brakes and rear end seals.

Sorry for the long post ( if this even works) But id rather not share this stuff with any other people than the ones who love mustangs like i do. Thanks for having me fellas! :wave:

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Sounds good, download the tapatalk app or similar.Makes uploading pics from your phone a breeze. Or use photobucket or w/e.

-330CubeGt

OP
OP

95Cobra302

Reaction score
This is the next couple days after I got her.

5e7ugu3e.jpg

OP
OP

95Cobra302

Reaction score
Random engine pic.. it's worn..

uzarysab.jpg

So the new headlight picture apparently is not a valid file. I guess I will update that when I can.

cobrazilla

Reaction score
Nice man. Good to see the 94/95 cobras getting some love. I am the original owner of my 95 blk/blk cobra # 2002.

OP
OP

95Cobra302

Reaction score
Yeah, people forget about the 302 cobras. Lol. Thanks for the complements!
The next step is to buy a new front bumper cover and all the hardware to go with it. It will be a couple weeks. Being married and owning a house hinders money haha.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Nice car man! i'd take a 5.0 over 4.6 any day for me. Looking forward to seeing how this build turnsout. BTW, what's wrong with the old front bumper?

OP
OP

95Cobra302

Reaction score
[MENTION=14686]SLOW95GTS[/MENTION], I'm a fan of internally mounted cam shafts lol. I can not wait to get this car done, only time will give me that :/. The original bumper was faded sagging and totally destroyed underneath by the core support. @burninriverdriver, yeah most my tools are that color also. Love that type of color since the original kawasaki ninja.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I think its one of those springs that everyone wants from eibach for how much they drop it.

SCHNAKE

Reaction score
Nice score on the Cobra. I have a 94 I bought new and I'm still not done building it. anyway it's a beautiful car and I look forward to watching the build. Keep the pictures coming.

OP
OP

95Cobra302

Reaction score
It has to be over an inch drop. I had to lift the car up with my legs while getting the Jack under it. Lol. I'd love to get a mustang new from the factory. Nice to know it has not lost it's appeal.
Just got the old exhaust(or lack there of) off last night. Still have the cats on the car. Need to soak throes bolts for a while.
a4a3yved.jpg

y4arypa9.jpg

OP
OP

95Cobra302

Reaction score
Its not a sn95. But I can't not show I got another stang. Looks like progress on Eleanor will be subjected to income tax only. Looks like me and my wife are having a kid! Woo :)

7fa5e0a99bdde3156f24eebc01523cc3.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online