96’ Cobra Project | Vortech Supercharged

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Very nice job and super clean install. If you have a stock bottom end, I would not push it any further than where you are now, the powdered metal rods are the weak link in the 96-98 Cobra motors
Thank you. Really appreciate it. Yea as far as I know this motor has a stock bottom end. I don’t plan on pushing it any further. I have the old motor which I’m going to eventually build little by little for more power. For now I’m just enjoying it as much as possible.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Ended up blowing out one the cats on the old Bassani X-Pipe so upgraded to the new set up from Bassani. Also go my the bung for my wideband properly welded this time. Install went smooth, for doing it on my back, and looks great. Sounds better too.

Old vs New.
FC7D85BF-5C9E-464A-9896-709315341A0B.jpeg

joe65

Reaction score
ahh Bassani. they make some nice shit. Like the car! A Friend's white 96 Cobra got me hooked on the sn95s.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
ahh Bassani. they make some nice shit. Like the car! A Friend's white 96 Cobra got me hooked on the sn95s.
Thanks brotha. Yea I’ve always wanted an SN95 Cobra since and old friend of mine had his. Love this car. And yea I love Bassani. Very good quality stuff. The old pipe was good quality but I feel those cats weren’t the ones that came on it from Bassani, hence why one blew out. Either way I’m glad I upgraded. I may straight pipe it but I’ve been told if I do I may need to retune the car so that’ll wait lol.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
I have and love my bassani X. That center section looks as good on mine after years of use as it does on your new one.
That’s good to hear. It’s definitely a quality piece for sure. I’m actually debating on if I should get their exhaust too but I love the sound of my Flowmaster exhaust. Up I’m the air about it.

joe65

Reaction score
Thanks brotha. Yea I’ve always wanted an SN95 Cobra since and old friend of mine had his. Love this car. And yea I love Bassani. Very good quality stuff. The old pipe was good quality but I feel those cats weren’t the ones that came on it from Bassani, hence why one blew out. Either way I’m glad I upgraded. I may straight pipe it but I’ve been told if I do I may need to retune the car so that’ll wait lol.
Yeah I’ve tried the bassani x with no cats and their mufflers. It was way too raspy crackly for me. Also had a 4v strait piped and it was loud as hell. Everyone in my neighborhood could hear me on cold starts.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve tried the bassani x with no cats and their mufflers. It was way too raspy crackly for me. Also had a 4v strait piped and it was loud as hell. Everyone in my neighborhood could hear me on cold starts.
Yea see I don’t want that. I like the subtle sound of the Flowmasters paired with the Bassani catted x-pipe. One of the reasons I’ve stayed with cats vs straight pipe. It’s just a nice deep tone. Plus I’d rather listen to the V1 whine. Lol.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea see I don’t want that. I like the subtle sound of the Flowmasters paired with the Bassani catted x-pipe. One of the reasons I’ve stayed with cats vs straight pipe. It’s just a nice deep tone. Plus I’d rather listen to the V1 whine. Lol.

Spot on . My cars running the same setup basically but on a pushrod . The cars still loud but it’s nothing like a off road h pipe or x pipe and flowmasters

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Took some time today to hand polish the intake manifold. Previous owner polished it but never really did any upkeep and the car sat for a long time. I want to try and do it without having to remove it from the car and I think it came out pretty good for not doing so. Ordered a polishing kit for my Dremel tool which I will use to get into the places I couldn’t reach. All in all, turned out looking way better then it looked before.

37E37854-88A2-499E-95CB-61D3C27EC556.jpeg

And here’s a before and after. Top pic is the day I went to go look at the car before buying it and bottom pic is after today’s work. Lighting is different but you can definitely see a huge improvement over how it used to look.
EC3ABBF3-6409-4278-BA89-D8A89CBB2824.jpeg

Next up I’ll be removing the strut brace and cleaning it up. Maybe respray it if needed. And just touch up a few areas in the engine bay to get it looking right so I have a reason to pop my hood at these Cars & Coffee and Cruise nights. Lol. Stay tuned.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Took some time today to hand polish the intake manifold. Previous owner polished it but never really did any upkeep and the car sat for a long time. I want to try and do it without having to remove it from the car and I think it came out pretty good for not doing so. Ordered a polishing kit for my Dremel tool which I will use to get into the places I couldn’t reach. All in all, turned out looking way better then it looked before.

View attachment 18578

And here’s a before and after. Top pic is the day I went to go look at the car before buying it and bottom pic is after today’s work. Lighting is different but you can definitely see a huge improvement over how it used to look.
View attachment 18579

Next up I’ll be removing the strut brace and cleaning it up. Maybe respray it if needed. And just touch up a few areas in the engine bay to get it looking right so I have a reason to pop my hood at these Cars & Coffee and Cruise nights. Lol. Stay tuned.
Nice job. The polish job looks great.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Been a while since I’ve been on here. Hope everyone had a great holiday. Was out earlier today testing out my new camera and decided to pull out the Cobra and snap a few test pics. Let me know what you guys think.
8006B5D7-5902-40BF-B637-9588CDE902BC.jpeg

37568850-75F8-4BD3-A434-6A8328991DDF.jpeg

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Just stumbled across your thread. Beautiful Cobra. Big improvement on the underhood setup too! I love everyhing about it, wheel and suspension combo is excellent.
Thank you brotha. Really appreciate the kind words.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online