96 4.6 coil on plug conversion

gumby5.0

Reaction score
Ive come across a low mileage cammed 01 4.6 for a price I can not refuse, harness and all. Id like to use the coil on plugs, with the 01 harness. Will the newer harness plug into the harness at the firewall or will i have to go conversion harness?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Conversion harness... The Red Monster kit is well worth it.

The computer will not provide all the functions for the harness...

OP
OP
G

gumby5.0

Reaction score
Ended up buy the whole car. Now that i have all the engine pcm dash harnesses with the ccrm. Would using them in the 96 car just be a plug and play aslong as used them all together? I would prefer to not change the main chassis harness from the 96 so im hoping they will work together

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the pin outs in the harness changed between those years. If you are wanting to run the cop and the newer ecu you would need to change the gauge cluster and everything. And that would entail pulling the dash (not difficult at all, by the way).

OP
OP
G

gumby5.0

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the pin outs in the harness changed between those years. If you are wanting to run the cop and the newer ecu you would need to change the gauge cluster and everything. And that would entail pulling the dash (not difficult at all, by the way).
Yea i have no problem pulling the dash, just dont want to have to mess with the harness that connects to the dash harness on the driverside and runs to the rear of the car

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
After all that Idk if there would be a pats issue....

If you literally swapped everything it should go fine..... all that for cops

OP
OP
G

gumby5.0

Reaction score
Well the car is a v6 car if that tells you my intentions

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member