96 5.0 Swap

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am going to try and stay up with the write up as i go along, this will be my first attempt at a full write up.
I have 2 SN cars. One is a 95 GT that is my DD. 5.0 5spd. The second is a 96 GT roller.
The plan is to swap the 95 drivetrain into the 96 car. Reason being is my 95 needs to much body work as you will see in the picures, And i got a killer deal on this 96

Here is the 95

Here is some of the body damage

The trashed rocker panel

Here is 1 pic of the 96

96 on the trailer last night

The 96 has an excellent body, just needs paint. The interior is also extremely clean with leather from a new edge

The k member, engine harness, motor and trans (obvioulsy) will need to be swapped over. Ive heard some things about chassis and dash harness but no one can seem to confirm this for me.

If anyone has done this or has some pointers please feel free to point me in the right direction!!

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I'd sell them both and get a good looking/running mustang but good lock with the build. any mods on 5.0 going in?

OP
OP

Reaction score
I could but wheres the fun in that? lol the motor is for the most part stock right now.

Shabba

Reaction score
I am locked out of my email and couldnt remember my login info so im here with a new account.

Okay new info on the project.
Ive had too many other things going on to actually work on the mustang lately, but now that everything else is out of the way i started on the 96 again.
The car just came out of paint last week, and as of last night the 5.0 is running, in the 96.
Tomorrow the 5.0 will be coming back out to stud, girdle, and reseal the block. I am also installing GT40 heads and intake while it is out. I still have to swap to the 5.0 k-member (had it resting on the 4.6 k-member) and when the engine is out i am going to re-run the harnesses in the engine bay (thrown together right now).
It took me a total of 3 hours to pull all the harnesses from the 5.0 car, pull the harnesses from the 96 car, reinstall harnesses back to the 96 and fire it up.

More info and pics to come soon......

punched281

Reaction score
Yes you do need to do the computer and all. 95 is obd1 and 96 is obd2. You will need to do engine and dash for sure. Keep us updated!

Shabba

Reaction score
Actually didnt need the dash. Still have 96 dash harness and all gauges seem to be properly working. I havent had the car running long enough to see if the Temp gauge or fans are working, but since everything else is they should

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online