96-98 4.6L PI Intake Adapter Kit

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
do it yourself.. its much more satisfying at the end of the day to think, "this is my car, and i did that intake that made such a difference for the car"

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
What do they mean by "modified?" I thought all PI intakes were the same, and they say thhis one had to be modified or else it wont clear stock hoods?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
68mustang5.0 said:
What do they mean by "modified?" I thought all PI intakes were the same, and they say thhis one had to be modified or else it wont clear stock hoods?
96-98 have two sensors, where 99+ have only one...if you have the updated NPI intake with the aluminum crossover, you can swap that onto the PI if you buy a used one.

S

scarface

Vendetta said:
do it yourself.. its much more satisfying at the end of the day to think, "this is my car, and i did that intake that made such a difference for the car"
he already tried...it didnt turn out well.
68mustang5.0 said:
everything DFG said, AND it has been shortened to take off the hight from the spacers.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
68mustang5.0 said:

"Modified" on the Livernois kit refers to the milling of the runners to compensate for the thick adapter plates in the kit.

313blkstang

Reaction score
I've had that kit now for a few months and :banana:!!! I tried doing the install myself and got the old intake off and everything but then when it came time to remove that tube from the waterpump I ran into trouble.. there were two bolts that held it in place on the back side of the engine and I couldn't reach them.. ended up takin it to Livernois and letting them do the install after I put all the old stuff back on.. It seems to have made a difference because I've beaten two of my club members that have sn95 5.0's, and I wasn't able to beat them last year so it definitely made a difference.. overall I say it was worth the money just for the peace of mind... plus the plates look kinda nice lol..

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
The tube and those bolts are the worst part of the swap! And well i am finally going to post those pictures of how much RTV to use in the sticky!

Whistler98

Reaction score
I used the RTV on mine 2+yrs ago before they had the adapter plates and I haven't had a prob with it. Supercharged and all. O0

Nater

Reaction score
If you can wait a month or two twista, you can have mine.... :naughty:

Casper98gt

Reaction score
I would be interested in a dyno sheet from all of you who choose the Livernois plate setup. Seeing as the injectors are being adjusted by a upward height i think it would be a change in fuel spray. So those who use the plates if you could do a dyno run before and after. By this i mean see how much you can tune out of the setup.

Where as a silicone setup youre not adjusting the height of them at all. So i wonder if the silicone method you would see more intial horsepower from the swap compaired to the plate setup. Im sure they would both yield the same amount of power, just wonder which is more effective for the person who cant afford a dyno tune.

Thats all. I chose the silicone route on the coolant port, as opposed to the intake gaskets. I will post my Intake and Cam swaps on here shortly.

Reaction score
CIMG1448.jpg

Really crappy picture since I don't have a scanner. Basically, there was an peak to peak increase of 19hp, a modest gain. However, at higher RPMs the gain becomes more impressive. At 5700 rpms the gain is 35 rwhp. If the dyno had been ran out to 6000 rpms, the gain would be closer to 40-45 hp. These numbers are with the adapter plates.

Casper98gt

Reaction score
Maybe you misunderstood what i was getting at.

It would be kinda cool to see what youre dyno numbers were when you got there. And then see how much you could actually tune out of it. Because its a plate system and the injectors have a diff. spray pattern now.

But those numbers are good i had 226 at the wheels without my PI cams. So im gonna be safely in the 235's.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I picked up 30rwhp and 19tq with my Livenois PI Intake Swap

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
blown97stanger said:
I picked up 30rwhp and 19tq with my Livenois PI Intake Swap
with your blower....

okay...everyone can see im blown in my sig. You get the idea that N/A you'll gain around 16-20rwhp and blown upwards of 30-35rwhp. So, this is a mod worth the time/money!

nyuk98gt

Reaction score
Well, I put in the kit and my 268H cams in '04 and have yet to get to the dyno. Before the intake and cams, the car dynoed at 195 rwhp and about 267 rwtq (automatic). At the time, I just had a catted X, UltraFlos (welded into the stock tailpipes), gears, MAC CAI, and a Steeda timing adjuster. I really ought to get 'er on the dyno!

I'd say it is a good kit. I didn't mind spending some extra loot for an engineered solution but the RTV method is a lot less expensive (and proven in many installations). It really comes down to what you want and what you want to spend. Either way, the PI intake makes a huge improvement in the performance of an NPI engine.

Chris

caseypayne69

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
Thats the kit I bought and am completely happy that I am broke because of the kit. No worries, just throw it on! I picked up 30rwhp with that kit.
Hate to resurrect a dead thread. But you gained 30 rwhp off a blown car adding that adapter? or was it NA?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online