96-98 Dual Coil Pack Firing Order

garrittpwl

Reaction score
On a 96-98 dual coil setup, is it possible to swap the wires from one cylinder to its corresponding counterpart that is listed on OEM coils? For example. On the passenger side the OEM coil says 1/4 can I run this wire to cylinder 1 or 4? Trying to clean up some wiring and can't seem to find a good answer.

20230401_154618.jpg

OP
OP
garrittpwl

garrittpwl

Reaction score
Those numbers should correspond to which side of the engine that coil pack is on. With that coil on one side, it’ll fire cylinder 1, on the other side it’ll fire 4.
I've since corrected it. had to fuss with the wires a bit more to do so. I don't understand why all the aftermarket plug wires are a few inches too long

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I would say because it is better to be a couple inches too long, than to be a couple of inches too short. I am willing to bet there are not many of us that have a wire stretcher or have ever used it.

Now for you are that are not aware a wire stretcher was one of those things that the shop FNG would get sent running around from one person to another looking for the mythical tool.

OP
OP
garrittpwl

garrittpwl

Reaction score
well I would say because it is better to be a couple inches too long, than to be a couple of inches too short. I am willing to bet there are not many of us that have a wire stretcher or have ever used it.

Now for you are that are not aware a wire stretcher was one of those things that the shop FNG would get sent running around from one person to another looking for the mythical tool.
In a body shop it was the molding stretcher

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online