96-98 gt exhaust on a 94 gt.

94blackGT

Reaction score
I was wondering if the Stock cat-back Exhaust off a 96-98 GT would bolt onto my 2.5" o/r h pipe. I want to get rid of my side exhaust and was thinking of going back to stock for now till next spring. But wasn't sure if the 96-98 gt cat back was different from the 94-95. Sorry for babling thanks in advance... :help2:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Are you selling your side ehxaust and if so how much and where are you located?

OP
OP

94blackGT

Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Are you selling your side ehxaust and if so how much and where are you located?

Yes, Ontario, Canada and I have no clue... :laugh: I have a guy interested, and we were just going to trade straight up his exhaust and side skirts. But nothingis etched in stone there yet.

d_punch

Reaction score
maybe this will help some, but it may not be true for all brands of exhaust.

i have a 95 cobra with a magna pack cat back that is sold for 96-98 mustangs. at the time, when i bought it, magnaflow didn't make the magnapacks for 94-95 models. so i had bought the one for 96-98 and the only thing i had to do was slightly bend the passenger side pipe that goes from the muffler or what you would call a muffler, over the rear end and to the tail pipes. as it came from the factory it would sit too high and hit the bumper. it just need to be bent down very little, nothing that would distort the original shape of the pipe. the shop that installed it already knew this since they did another 94-95 with the same cat back. they also said it was common for the regular cat back from magna flow that is made for the 94-95 has had the same issue with the last part on the passenger side to sit too high.

and why would you trade a side exhaust with side skirt for a stock cat back and sideskirts, is something i will never understand. talk about getting the raw end of the deal.

OP
OP

94blackGT

Reaction score
Point taken, Just tired of the look. want to go back to stock look.

d_punch

Reaction score
look you have a pretty much ideal situation in front of you. you have a prospective buyer ( 94gtstang50) plus if you look in the classified theirs like 2 guys parting out their cars. you can probably get your side skirts there. and if you want a cheap stock look, buy a summitt catback. you'll have something you'll know will fit, and is brand new. you'll will most likely have some money left over.

good luck
joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010