96-98 Passenger power seat

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Been doing some searching the last few days and found more questions than answers.... When I replaced the chassis/body harness in my 97 cobra the new harness has the power seat pigtail on the passenger side. I got an extra power track n controller that work so I'm thinking about swapping the passenger to power. I'm not seeing any reason it wouldn't work?? Just cut a hole in the front of the seat to mount the controller like driver side has, right? Anyone done this?

According to this thread it was mentioned that passenger power seats may not have even been an option?????
http://www.sn95forums.com/showthrea...k-on-Passenger-side&highlight=passenger+power

Sorry I never got back to you, however I looked into this and there are a few problems with doing it. There is not a good way to mount the seat switch, also I think the lumbar switch would have to be sourced from the driver seat since they have different plugs if i remember right.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry I really don't know- if it were a question about the installation of the foam or upholstery I'd be all over it - but the electronic side of the factory seat are not something i have any experience with - sorry :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online