96-98 Turbo kits

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea.....o well.

I guess I will see how long this stock blocks lasts... then go forged and run like 17 psi everyday

spyderturbo

Reaction score
Mustangman9812 said:
ok now my 2 CENTS ---

I have been reading this post for days and its time you fellow SN95ers know

1. I live in Asheville, NC
2. I've been to thier shop its called WNC Speed & Custom
3. If this kit is 6k for everything i could build a Bullet Proof bottom end and H/C/I w/N20 and whip the stang for less money. A guy on stangnet.com custom built a turbo kit for like 3k and on a bone stock 04 GT it made 550rwhp! Now if you was to use the same setup on a NPI car you would deff at least see 400+rwhp. My 2 Cents is if you want someone or somthing done right then MPH (Modular Powerhouse) is one of the best Performance Shop/Tuners in the USA
4. But to take up for the shop i am still impressed with the Numbers they was able to get out of a stock NPI with the miles that is on it, and I will back them up when he says "Driven Daily" I pass the owner almost every morning going to work and he is driving the car almost everyday.
5. Any 1 more thought this kit really isnt intended for us people who would just do it ourselves for cheaper, these kits are put together for people who have money and dont know alot about cars or dont wont to worry about if they did something wrong or not on the Install.

So from being from Asheville, NC and knowing the shop some i would recommend the shop. I cant say that i know alot about them or anything as far as tuning and such but as for the Spyder turbo kit i would recommend that.

Thanks, man couldnt put it better myself!
but to clear one thing up W.N.C Speed is not my shop. Eric , Mike and Anthony @ wnc speed & custom
Thease guys are friends of mine Its a great local shop! My tech Jon came from there also Thats where we did all our dyno pulls and tuning. but yes that is where i sometimes go to hang out.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I wish there were just better shops period here....
it's like this is the place where people come and try and start a business and they suck....
i wish i lived near like MPH or one of those crazy badass tuning shops....

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
I wish we had a local shop here that didn't involve FWD cars :(

make the drive to birmigham, i hear they hav some awesome tuners. but back to the thread, good lookin results on your kit spyder. seems as though everyone that has anything to say about yall is positive. good luck in the business :thumb:

Mustangman9812

Reaction score
spyderturbo said:
Mustangman9812 said:
ok now my 2 CENTS ---

3. If this kit is 6k for everything i could build a Bullet Proof bottom end and H/C/I w/N20 and whip the stang for less money. A guy on stangnet.com custom built a turbo kit for like 3k and on a bone stock 04 GT it made 550rwhp! Now if you was to use the same setup on a NPI car you would deff at least see 400+rwhp. My 2 Cents is if you want someone or somthing done right then MPH (Modular Powerhouse) is one of the best Performance Shop/Tuners in the USA
4. But to take up for the shop i am still impressed with the Numbers they was able to get out of a stock NPI with the miles that is on it, and I will back them up when he says "Driven Daily" I pass the owner almost every morning going to work and he is driving the car almost everyday.
5. Any 1 more thought this kit really isnt intended for us people who would just do it ourselves for cheaper, these kits are put together for people who have money and dont know alot about cars or dont wont to worry about if they did something wrong or not on the Install.

So from being from Asheville, NC and knowing the shop some i would recommend the shop. I cant say that i know alot about them or anything as far as tuning and such but as for the Spyder turbo kit i would recommend that.

Thanks, man couldnt put it better myself!
but to clear one thing up W.N.C Speed is not my shop. Eric , Mike and Anthony @ wnc speed & custom
Thease guys are friends of mine Its a great local shop! My tech Jon came from there also Thats where we did all our dyno pulls and tuning. but yes that is where i sometimes go to hang out.

Welcome Man! :thumb: Just Stating The Things I Know About The Shop & Its People. Sorry I messed up about the owner lol.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mustangman9812 said:
ok now my 2 CENTS ---

For the 6k of the complete kit price, you can nearly have an HP or Hellion kit, with better quality piping and headunit. The guy that's gonna go fast with his checkbook would be better suited by one of those kits, IMO.

Everyone on this board is either going to homebrew it, or just talk about it forever and never buy it anyway, so it's all kind of moot, lol

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
haha

yea, I wish I could buy it...

I dont even know if supercharged is a good idea at this point..since this is my DD and if it blows I will be screwed.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
If it blows you'll be screwed without the blower. If you want to keep running it at the track, it'll break anyway. You seem pretty set on running 15 psi though, just.... Don't, run 8 like I told you and it will be fine. Buy a 500 dollar back up when you can, then beat it like a redheaded step child

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
If it blows you'll be screwed without the blower. If you want to keep running it at the track, it'll break anyway. You seem pretty set on running 15 psi though, just.... Don't, run 8 like I told you and it will be fine. Buy a 500 dollar back up when you can, then beat it like a redheaded step child

oh no, I never planned on running 15 psi.

I do plan on running 12 psi haha.

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Mustangman9812 said:
ok now my 2 CENTS ---

For the 6k of the complete kit price, you can nearly have an HP or Hellion kit, with better quality piping and headunit. The guy that's gonna go fast with his checkbook would be better suited by one of those kits, IMO.

Everyone on this board is either going to homebrew it, or just talk about it forever and never buy it anyway, so it's all kind of moot, lol

yea i'm gonna just homebrew it... i just don't want to make the piping.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Mike. said:
I love homebrews...moonshine FTW!
You need to take a trip down to gatlinburg sometime. they got some great homebrew there! Shit is good then it hits your bell and your like shewwwwww.... white lightning!

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
LMAO!!!!!

I can just hear you saying that in a deep southern accent.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Mike. said:
LMAO!!!!!

Just think George jones song white lightning. That is about what it is like for everyone to drink LOL

Reaction score
Mike. said:
LMAO!!!!!

you have a thing for southern accents dont you mike, lmao. you said the same thing to me a couple days ago...hahahaha.... little "funny" if you ask me...lol

Reaction score
im glad you are not attracted to me, that would make our mustang friendship a little akward... :hammer:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Mike. said:
:blah2:

Girls with southern accents are hot...you... are not.

When i was stationed in DC all i had to do was start talking to a chick and that was all she wrote LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online