96-98 Turbo kits

aaron427

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Nope, an accident got it last fall, waiting on the lawyer's to do their thing now.

Wasn't as clean as yours though :thumb:
Oh man that sucks!! Sorry to hear that. Will you be building another once you have it all settled? My old 2000 saleen got smashed in pretty good last year. Sad, sad day. What am I talking about I hated that freaking car. I wish it would have totaled it!! That was the only car I haven't really taken good care of. I just drove the snot out of it. ha ha
Thanks for the compliment. I can't wait to get my hands on it, and make it "me clean" I have had a ton of cars that were mint! Im really anal about my cars.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm toying with looking for another 96-98 with a bad motor or something. I love the car's, but hate to pay for a bunch of garbage I'm gonna throw away anyway. i've learned from my mistakes, I'll be jumping right to the end game this time around lol.

aaron427

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Yeah, i'm toying with looking for another 96-98 with a bad motor or something. I love the car's, but hate to pay for a bunch of garbage I'm gonna throw away anyway. i've learned from my mistakes, I'll be jumping right to the end game this time around lol.
I know what you mean. Thats why recently I have been buying cars that are really clean and have a few good mods to them. Then I can pull stuff, and sell it and add what I want to add. Are you going to have the option to buy your car back or is it shot? I doubt the insurance is giving you what you have in it unless you had extra coverage on it? Thats what I do. Send them a spread sheet with a price breakdown of all the mods. Costs a little extra, but that way if it gets trashed they are not offering me $4,000 for my car that I have $25,000 or more in.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's pretty much what's going on with it. They have special "modifications" coverage they offer in 5, 10, 15, or 20k packages, and never told me, even though they just appraised the damn thing.

aaron427

Reaction score
J.R. said:
That's pretty much what's going on with it. They have special "modifications" coverage they offer in 5, 10, 15, or 20k packages, and never told me, even though they just appraised the damn thing.
Oh I see. Well good luck, and hope you get all of that worked out.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea got my fingers crossed for you dude. So J.R. send me a pm or something about this under the k member tubing... The more I think about it the more i think that it won't bottom out enough to take the tubing out... but who knows. Just PM me lol.

aaron427

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea got my fingers crossed for you dude. So J.R. send me a pm or something about this under the k member tubing... The more I think about it the more i think that it won't bottom out enough to take the tubing out... but who knows. Just PM me lol.
Depends how low your car is. On my saleen the longtubes, and cats scraped on everything. It sat about average height for a lowered mustang. I had to really watch hitting the dips wrong going to fast, and that stinks cause I like some twisty roads.

spyderturbo

Reaction score
Aaron was it not the twisty road that wasted the saleen. Or were you trying to send a text message while you were driving again!!! I thought that was a real cool car. Still do, it must still be around here cuz i believe i see it every now and then. You just didn't like it because it didn't have enough power for you.But for a stock car that thing was bad ass. Cant wait to see the new car, hope you get it soon.

aaron427

Reaction score
spyderturbo said:
Aaron was it not the twisty road that wasted the saleen. Or were you trying to send a text message while you were driving again!!! I thought that was a real cool car. Still do, it must still be around here cuz i believe i see it every now and then. You just didn't like it because it didn't have enough power for you.But for a stock car that thing was bad ass. Cant wait to see the new car, hope you get it soon.
Ha ha no I wasn't!! The torque box let go in a curve. Thank God I was only going like 35mph or it could have been much worse. That car looked sweet but was slow as hell,(for me) and didn't handle for crap.(for me) It was a fun daily driver car, and got all kinds of looks. Yeah its still around. I need to call that guy and see how he's liking that thing anyways.

voidfinger

Reaction score
Well my car has a eibach prokit with poly iso's so it isn't too low. On thing that scrapes is with the prochamber when i ride up into the parking deck for work ... they gotta fix that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online