96-98s w/ 4r70w and tuners, please help me with advice

Robuilt

Reaction score
Hi,
i would like to get a tune pretty soon.

Im looking for advice from those who have had tunes burned for their 96-98 mustangs wiht the 4R70W tranny.

Specifically, im looking for a tune to lock out the OD. Since i had my 4.30s installed, i am shifting automatically into OD near the end of the track. Near the 1000 ft mark. kinda pisses me off cause there is nothing i can do about it.

Any other advice or experiences you have had wiht your tuner? what companies or individuals do you recommend to burn a good tune for our cars.

i have heard good things about a lot of places, but mainly for 03/04 Cobras and 05+ mustangs but nothing for our cars.

any advice appreciated.

STNG_96

Reaction score
Umm, can you not just turn off the overdrive with the button located next to the shifter?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Umm, can you not just turn off the overdrive with the button located next to the shifter?

ummm your a genious...the computer will override the button setting if it thinks the trans will be damaged...its happened to me.

Where do you live?
If your looking for good mailorder tuners the Don at Losota Racing is the shizzle... he is don95vert over on stangnet if you want to shoot him a pm.

STNG_96

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
STNG_96 said:

ummm your a genious...the computer will override the button setting if it thinks the trans will be damaged...its happened to me.

Where do you live?
If your looking for good mailorder tuners the Don at Losota Racing is the shizzle... he is don95vert over on stangnet if you want to shoot him a pm.

umm, you can go to hell, never heard that before :santa_afro:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
DropTopPony said:
STNG_96 said:

Where do you live?

umm, you can go to hell, never heard that before :santa_afro:

ummm thus the reason why you shouldn't answer if you don't know! and when you preface your reply with UMMM you are coming off as cocky and ignorant and we don't like that here....

STNG_96

Reaction score
I answered the question the way I did on purpose,

The umm and the question mark at the end signify my response as a question. In other words, i wasn't sure so I was suggesting that he go and try it.

Also, I have been on this site since the beginning, just as you have droptop, just because I don't post as much as I used to doesn't mean I am now an outsider, so that we don't like that here. . . is not relevant as I am one of the we you are talking about.

Now finally, I do apologize if my post offended you, but on that same note, calling me a genius the way you did offended me just the same. That is how you scare people away from a site like this. When they come and post something that is questionable, and someone makes fun of them, they will not come back. Now, my post I agree, was questionable, but on that same note, he could have gone out and tried it, found out it didn't work, and continued on. So was it really worth belittling me in the whole process, rather than just stating the fact that it wont work. :dunno:

jpajkos

Reaction score
Will both of you just shut up!!!! :santa_cheesy:

HAHA j/k GAME ON!!!!!

OP
OP
R

Robuilt

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
STNG_96 said:

Where do you live?

I live in Deep South Texas. There is a Dyno shop locally but have an "iffy" reputation with tuning.

Ill try Don as well.

Thanks!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:

The umm and the question mark at the end signify my response as a question. In other words, i wasn't sure so I was suggesting that he go and try it.

Also, I have been on this site since the beginning, just as you have droptop, just because I don't post as much as I used to doesn't mean I am now an outsider, so that we don't like that here. . . is not relevant as I am one of the we you are talking about.

Now finally, I do apologize if my post offended you, but on that same note, calling me a genius the way you did offended me just the same. That is how you scare people away from a site like this. When they come and post something that is questionable, and someone makes fun of them, they will not come back. Now, my post I agree, was questionable, but on that same note, he could have gone out and tried it, found out it didn't work, and continued on. So was it really worth belittling me in the whole process, rather than just stating the fact that it wont work. :dunno:

Sorry I must have been PMS'ing last night :santa_cheesy:

STNG_96

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
STNG_96 said:

Sorry I must have been PMS'ing last night :santa_cheesy:

Its all good dude :santa_afro:

jpajkos

Reaction score
Once again will both of you SHUT UP!!!!! :santa_cheesy: haha sorry just had to say it...

silverstang1996

Reaction score
i never heard about that either (the OD coming in automatically) now i have a reason to romp on it to see how far i can get till it comes in

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online