'96 ABS problem

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I damaged an ABS sensor on the front end and come to find out that the replacement parts are not made any more. Rears are still around for sale. I have ordered '97 parts from LMR and will see if they fit or what is required to make the conversion.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im clueless here, but surely the sensor outputs are close. May have to modify something...who knows. Give it a go around and report here with your findings

wmfateam

Reaction score
If yours doesn't work let me know, I may have my abs parts in a box somewhere.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Abs?!?! We don't need no stinking abs!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I damaged an ABS sensor on the front end and come to find out that the replacement parts are not made any more. Rears are still around for sale. I have ordered '97 parts from LMR and will see if they fit or what is required to make the conversion.

I have a few sets off a 96. If you find out the 97 ones don't work message me and I will get one on the way.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well thank you all, I will let you how things go. Yes ABS is not really needed but I am trying to keep this car semi stock because it is in such nice shape, no rattles, everything works except for the CD player, the wife was *****ing about that last night after I killed myself working on the car for the last 2 weeks. Today she said I should have fixed the clutch years ago. *****, ***** .......TBC

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fixed it! The 1997-2004 ABS sensors will work in an earlier '96, the length is the same and the connectors for mounting are the same and in the right place but here is the difference. The new pick up is .015" thinner so It goes in much easier than the OEM which has been "shaved" to get it in and out. The screw
IMG_0386-D.jpg
boss is longer on the new one and will need a 1" 1/4x32 brass or stainless non magnetic screw to hold the senor in which is what I used that I got from McMaster-Carr.com

IMG_0384-D.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online