96 Cobra - A/C and clock lost power

CobRyan

Reaction score
Hi - The A/C and interior clock were working fine the other day when I parked the car but when I came back 2 hours later neither would work. Is this fuse related I hope? Anu idea which fuse to check. Thanks

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Could just be a ground connection. The passenger side of the dash has some, right by where the passenger's left leg would be, sort of behind the radio. Easily accessible. Check for excessive rust preventing a good connection. A few strokes with a wire brush does it. There's also a ground or two on the driver's side very close to where the low current fuse panel is. Everything in the dash, all the controls, get their grounds from these points. And the SN95 dash is not painted or protected, it's just bare metal.

badass98svt

Reaction score
When you say the AC doesn't work, are you saying no blower motor? Or it's warm air?
if it's warm air, I'd start with checking fuse #6

OP
OP
CobRyan

CobRyan

Reaction score
When you say the AC doesn't work, are you saying no blower motor? Or it's warm air?
if it's warm air, I'd start with checking fuse #6
The fan works, blows warm air but compressor does not turn on.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I believe clock and A/C are on two different circuits. Usually when the driver commands A/C to kick on and blower motor spins but there's no cool air, listen or look to see if the A/C clutch engages. If not, it could simply be the low pressure switch being bad or indeed there is a leak somewhere that ultimately causes the low pressure switch to never energize.

OP
OP
CobRyan

CobRyan

Reaction score
Ok ya'll...I turned the a/c on yesterday and the fuse blew. Replaced it 2x and it blew as soon as I turned the air on. This just started yesterday, the air has been working fine since my initial post on 5/23/22. Any idea what could be causing this? Where should I start the diagnosis? Thanks

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Could be a short somewhere inside the dash, maybe the blower motor wires are touching something. That's one possibility. Or maybe something about either the CCRM or the wire harness going to it because the CCRM in the passenger side fender well is what handles the A/C compressor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online