96 Cobra H pipe remove

Limey

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I am removing the H pipe on my '96 Cobra and I am having trouble getting a socket on the passenger side lower manifold to H pipe nut. I have removed the other 3 but I have broken a socket UJ trying to remove the last one. Is there a way of either raising the engine or dropping the sub-frame to get a straight access to the nut?
Bruce

cwgu3

Reaction score
You get the top starter bolt out by going in from the front of the motor mount. I use a 10" and 6" extension with a 13mm shallow socket .
As for the manifold nut, if it doesn't turn try heating it 1st then use a shallow socket with a swivel.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
A shallow socket is normally too short. You need a mid depth, 6 point, impact, 18mm socket. Then a good universal swivel and a long pull handle. You can get it. If not, it’ll break, and then you just start with the next phase of repair.

OP
OP
L

Limey

Reaction score
A shallow socket is normally too short. You need a mid depth, 6 point, impact, 18mm socket. Then a good universal swivel and a long pull handle. You can get it. If not, it’ll break, and then you just start with the next phase of repair.
Thanks for your replies guys
You have confirmed my own thoughts. I just didn't want to carry out any unnecessary strip down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online