96 COBRA MIDPIPE->98 GT

rtgreen

Reaction score
Yes it will fit. I have a Bassani catted x-pipe from a 96 Cobra on my 96GT. You will not be able to use the GT supporting bracket, but I've had no prooblems letting the Manifolds and catback hold the weight.

:thumb:

Rantheman

Reaction score
+2 yeah there is now different between the midpipe and a catback of a gt and a cobra except for the 98 and new and older

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:

i think he said..."there is no difference between the midpipe and a catback of a GT or a Cobra, except for the 98s and newer." :dunno:

Rantheman

Reaction score
oops let me try again. from 94-97 with midpipes are the same and so are the cabacks in 98 the midpipe was still the same but the cat back hangin was different does that sound any better!

96gt226410

Reaction score
By any chance would you guys know about mid pipes on the '03'-04 Cobras? Do they fit all 99-04 bodies? GTs? Mach 1s? Cobras? I have an O/R X-pipe off of an '03 Cobra I'm trying to sell and I was just wondering. Thanks.

S

scarface

Rantheman said:
oops let me try again. from 94-97 with midpipes are the same and so are the cabacks in 98 the midpipe was still the same but the cat back hangin was different does that sound any better!
Hanging is different. IM PRETTY SURE the 97 hangs from the muffler, the 98 hangs from the tailpipe just behind the muffler. I am using the hanger setup off a 98 on my 97 so I can switch back and forth from my magnaflow mufflers and my flowmasters quickly :)

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Well it fit!! Couldn't use the middle hanger but it's up just fine. Only problem is that the 2 "bitch" bolts that attach the midpipe to the passenger side manifold I can't seem to tighten so I am just gonna take it to a shop and have them struggle with them. Plus the predrilled holes for the o2's sit right under the frame support (support that's under the tranny) so i had to drill 2 new holes. Now my check engine light is on. But i think it's because those 2 bolts aren't tightened all the way. Car is ridicoulsly loud and pops when i let off the gas. Yikes. my car sounds like an old beat up Caddy or something.

whty98

Reaction score
scarface said:
Rantheman said:
Hanging is different. IM PRETTY SURE the 97 hangs from the muffler, the 98 hangs from the tailpipe just behind the muffler. I am using the hanger setup off a 98 on my 97 so I can switch back and forth from my magnaflow mufflers and my flowmasters quickly :)

On my 98 GT the exhaust hung by the muffler and the tips....on my stock muffs and Bassani cat-back. The 98 Bassani cat-back is the same as the ones used on 99+. I had a big issue w/ the company I ordered from and Bassani.

S

scarface

Ok, the reason I said that is on the magnaflow catback it fits 96-04. The difference is the hanger. I use the hanger style from the tailpipe not the muffler. Sorry if I spewed misinformation.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Finally! Got the midpipe on. Work hasn't allowed me a whole lot of time. Everything is on, it's all sealed nice. It ALL fits. So yes a cobra midpipe will fit a GT. Only difference is the rear o2 sensor location. Had to tap 2 new holes. WOOHOO!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online