96 cobra

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I love the sound of the original 40 series but I've never seen a new complete exhaust system with the original 40's, just delta flows or whatever

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Looks like a clean setup....id say go for it! Dont hold back video footage after your install it. We need to hear it!

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
So I decided to wait on the exhaust, instead I installed some used Tokico blues & Bilstein quad shocks on the rear. I still have Tokico struts to install, an Eibach front sway bar, J&M cc plates & rear control arms. I normally would b hesitant on used shocks but I could push the rear of my Cobra down at least 6 inches with one hand so I figured I'd take a chance, and I got all the parts for $150. Except the control arms. I attached a pic, don't mind the white springs they're temporary. I discovered one of my factory springs was broke. And i think I put the quads on the proper way but the original ones were removed so I'm not sure lol... obviously this is my first time installing these parts lol

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
23092da9427f04df8f6e6a61fc71b61b.jpg

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Thanks! Not bad for an electrician I guess lol... the springs r supposed to lower the car 1.5" but it actually brought both sides up a 1/4". I need some real springs

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Thanks! Not bad for an electrician I guess lol... the springs r supposed to lower the car 1.5" but it actually brought both sides up a 1/4". I need some real springs

I'm looking at eibach Sport lines for mine as we speak.

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
There's a member on this forum that has them for sale... Wait, maybe I shouldn't have told you. I'm looking to buy them too LOL

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There's a member on this forum that has them for sale... Wait, maybe I shouldn't have told you. I'm looking to buy them too LOL

Just say his and the devil shall appear.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Good work! Aint nothin wrong with used parts!

Everything wrong with bad shocks! That crap is dangerous! So its a good thing you replaced them first!

Keep chugging along on the car. Itll evolve into a masterpiece!

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Thanks! I was getting a little frustrated at first seeing the rust and 20 year old parts everywhere but I think I'm in love now. I just gotta get the dent in my babys backside fixed so people stop looking at her shaking their head lol... all the comments and suggestions from u guys, big or small, really helped motivate me.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's not a dent, it's a beauty mark...... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
That's one big ass beauty mark lol... besides, she has to look at least half decent after she gets low

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Quick question! My new short throw shifter is coming in the mail this week & I saw a video of someone draining the trans fluid then filling it thru the shifter hole after removing the original shifter. Since I should change my trans fluid anyway, would that make things easier when I replace the shifter?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
2 pipe plugs on the tranny side. One low to the bottom. One higher to the top. Lower plug for draining. Upper plug for weeping.

Drain fluid with lower plug removed. Replace plug. Remove upper plug. Fill tranny with new fluid at shifter hole before installing shifter. Fill until upper plug hole weeps fluid. Replace plug. Smear rtv around shifter hole. Install shifter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online