96 gt and delta chip

bigredball90

Reaction score
I am getting a 96 mustang gt that is bone stock and wanted to do a couple of things to it while I am paying it off first would be cold air intake and exhaust and then 4.10s. I have been looking at getting long tube hooker headers and a single chamber muffler from flowmaster without cats any ideas how this would work out? I have had two previous mustangs both 91s so I am kinda new to the 4.6s. I had heard that when you change the exhaust out that the 02 senser would be messed up but not to sure. I want to get a delta chip from diablo sports and was wondering if that would fix the problems and if I could tune it from there. The car runs only on premuim gas if that helps. O and i feel kinda stupid but what is this PI and Non PI thing I see everwhere? and the 56k warning I see on lots of sn-95 forums??
Thanks,
Luke

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Screw Diablo, go with a SCT tune, much bigger network and IMO a better product.

www.sctflash.com

and yes just about everything on these newer cars (4.6) is done in the tune...like turning off O2 sensors, EGR delete, Recalibrating for larger injectors and so on.

OP
OP
B

bigredball90

Reaction score
ok what programmer would you suggest or is there anyone with experienced with sct?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I suggest a Dyno Tune by a Pro not just a mail order tune...

You can get the SCT XCAL2 handheld tuner to give yourself some flexability with changing small things yourself or you can go with a switch chip to have more then 1 tune that can be switched between on the fly...like an N/A Tune and a Nitrous tune.

Where do you live? Maybe we can suggest a good place for you to get a tune.

GaryG

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I suggest a Dyno Tune by a Pro not just a mail order tune...

You can get the SCT XCAL2 handheld tuner to give yourself some flexability with changing small things yourself or you can go with a switch chip to have more then 1 tune that can be switched between on the fly...like an N/A Tune and a Nitrous tune.

Where do you live? Maybe we can suggest a good place for you to get a tune.
+1

OP
OP
B

bigredball90

Reaction score
i live in the treasure coast of florida. so the handheld tuner wont fix like the little problems like the 02 sensors after changing the exhaust or gear sizes and tires??
Thanks for the info!
luke

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whats the Treasure Coast?

The handheld can be used for the minor changes like turning off the O2's.

tooslow

Reaction score
56k warning is just for people with slow internet to be warned of large pictures.

non pi is 96-98 year model pi is 99-04

pi is better

there is stickies dealing with them on this site

they are great reads

jpajkos

Reaction score
Might I suggest Kooks long tube headers with the 1 7/8 primary with a kooks o/r x pipe and magnapack cat back. I once knew someone who had this setup and it sounded pretty pissed off.

OP
OP
B

bigredball90

Reaction score
sweet ya i dont want the cats on it at all just single chamber mufflers with longtubes :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online