96 GT Ford Racing / SVO project

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I decided to give it some throttle on the way back home from the grocery store... I'm extatic to have it running again. Still need to take a better video for the tuner, my wife said she'd take one this week so he can dial in the A/F ratio to boost.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I know this feeling. Started mine up for the first time in weeks and it gave me a grin. I look forward to opening it up. Congrats

Your build is way more meticulous than mine. I just hoped I could bolt parts on and go faster but found out that it takes a lot of patience and a few bucks to get things going the way I envisioned.

I'm gonna enjoy seeing your work of art roll down the road as I hammer on my piece of junk!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Until your car is more than one color and doesn’t move for years, you don’t get to call it junk ;)

Keep up the great work and kudos to the team for helping this man out!!

Murphy. That dude should be shot, then hung, then burned at the stake.

Gotta kick him in the balls first.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Until your car is more than one color and doesn’t move for years, you don’t get to call it junk ;)

Keep up the great work and kudos to the team for helping this man out!!

Gotta kick him in the balls first.

I owe one to the team for sure! Luckily this has been the longest time span my car has sat, and I always waited to replace body panels until I found them in the right color lol. I'll hold off on calling it junk until it rightfully earns that title

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Mine is new, never installed. I never got around to using it and have been looking for the right car to do a build on.

That's awesome, you could find a non-supercharged Saleen or something else you've always wanted as long as its a 2v. I like the bullitt mustangs, if you got one of those selling the intake manifold could pay for the rest of the build

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Was driving well for a few times I took it out last weekend but it sat all week because I haven't had time to get it out.

Decided to take it to the farmers market with my wife and one of the dogs (6 miles from home). The belt was chirping about a mile in so I babied it. About two miles later it started shredding itself so I turned around and limped it home.

I'm going to look around to see what might keep causing this, it's just strange that it happens intermittently. By the time I got home it was idling ok with what was left of the belt holding steady.
IMG_3299.JPG IMG_3300.JPG

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Look at the other pullies. The belt is probably sitting on the other edge of another pulley. Or maybe more than one and the odd one out is the one doing the cutting.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Look at the other pullies. The belt is probably sitting on the other edge of another pulley. Or maybe more than one and the odd one out is the one doing the cutting.

The belt seemed to be riding fine on all of them until I give it gas, then it starts to push towards the front of the supercharger pulley.

I had a new tensioner, tensioner pulley and idler pulley so I changed them (since my tensioner was old and the idler was starting to make noise) just to rule them out.

Since the alternator was relocated to where the AC sat it was next on my list to check. Since the belt was slipping off the front of the supercharger I thought maybe the alternator was sitting too far forward and possibly pushing it off. Put some washers in front of the alternator to make it sit about 1/8" back, fired it up and the belt wants to jump off the supercharger even more. This leads me to think the alternator was fine and the supercharger pulley needs to be brought forward with a washer or two.

When I get some time I'm going to take the alternator washers back out and start adding thin washers behind the supercharger pulley and see if that helps.

IMG_3301.JPG

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I went to lowes and bought some big ass washers that looked like they might fit over the supercharger shaft, I should have measured what I needed but instead bought a bunch of crap I might use later... Guess I'm getting old.

Anyhow, I took the washers out from the alternator bracket to get it back into its regular place. I then threw a newly purchased thick washer behind the supercharger pulley to bring it forward. Fired it up and the belt is wanting to kick off towards the engine (opposite direction as before).

I guess I need to get the same washer with about half the thickness.

IMG_3445.JPG IMG_3446.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online