96 GT Ford Racing / SVO project

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Finally got my wife’s civic out of the garage. Had a hell of a time getting the passenger side cv axle back in.

I consulted in my brother-in-law (that is a master mechanic and has a 700+rwhp s2000); he said “slam the axle in like a slide hammer until it clicks.” His advice seemed to work and my back is sore.

Hoping to get back to work on the mustang soon!

photo of wife’s car:
66352719-163D-46AA-B0B4-9ABB524BCE50.jpeg

Photo of brother-in-law’s car that puts mine to shame. I try not to ask him for advice since he’s much more meticulous than most people:
437D9912-E7F2-41E5-82AF-ADF95E8BFC6B.jpeg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Photo of brother-in-law’s car that puts mine to shame. I try not to ask him for advice since THIS FOOLS RUNNIN A HONDA 2000........
View attachment 3088

Don’t do it burnin.........I bet he’s got like $50.03 under that hood just in polish!!!!

Fixed your quote for ya!!!!! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Don’t do it burnin.........I bet he’s got like $50.03 under that hood just in polish!!!!

Fixed your quote for ya!!!!! [emoji1787]

haha as much as I respect his build I’d never try to get into building a Honda like that. With the parts cost and the amount of time invested I’d never finish. It takes me months to do a job that should take a few hours on the mustang lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Sounds about like me, now a days. Use to be gunghoe to finish up a project. Lose sleep untill its completed type. Not any more! Its all about the family.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Sounds about like me, now a days. Use to be gunghoe to finish up a project. Lose sleep untill its completed type. Not any more! Its all about the family.

I hear that! So many other things take priority but it’s great to be able to enjoy once it’s done. Had a few spare minutes today and got the cam off of the passenger side. Just in time for some family to stop by lol

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Right.. and you guys were bugging me because I took a year to put in a new engine I had sitting around.. sometimes you just get tired of buffing these turds.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Right.. and you guys were bugging me because I took a year to put in a new engine I had sitting around.. sometimes you just get tired of buffing these turds.

Sorry we gave you hassle, but if I’m not mistaken you've made a days work out of several engine swaps. I’m aspiring to get on your level

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's all about the motivation, some times you're on it, others not so much. In relation to the counterfeit thread, I got fake FelPro head gaskets and hydrolocked an engine and it was not just a gasket change it is cylinder wall damage, bad rings, egged out piston wrist pin holes, rod bearing damage to the crank.. every thing has to be checked from scratch and that is lots of time, work and money and don't forget the pissed off wife..
I am not mad at you or anyone anytime, I list my failures as information to the gang here. Other forums are all rainbows and missing information that sugar coat the builds to boost their status and we see threw the BS. We are missing some people around here that hit this place with big noise and poof they are gone in embarrassment and disgust at something when the engine went tits up. I am here because of the "clean" information screened by the admins.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

Dont sweat it, have you noticed how long it take me to do anything!? You’re aces, old fart.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
It's all about the motivation, some times you're on it, others not so much. In relation to the counterfeit thread, I got fake FelPro head gaskets and hydrolocked an engine and it was not just a gasket change it is cylinder wall damage, bad rings, egged out piston wrist pin holes, rod bearing damage to the crank.. every thing has to be checked from scratch and that is lots of time, work and money and don't forget the pissed off wife..
I am not mad at you or anyone anytime, I list my failures as information to the gang here. Other forums are all rainbows and missing information that sugar coat the builds to boost their status and we see threw the BS. We are missing some people around here that hit this place with big noise and poof they are gone in embarrassment and disgust at something when the engine went tits up. I am here because of the "clean" information screened by the admins.

That’s terrible how much a set of counterfeit parts set back the work you already put into a motor; I’m glad guys like you stick around to warn folks like myself before we go down the same path.

I agree that full disclosure is what keeps this forum great. Its good to see the true amount of garbage you have to wade through to reach the end goal.

joe65

Reaction score
Good to get the wife's car back on the road. that will take some weight off your shoulders. Your engine bay pic confused me for a second. I didn't recognize the intake, then remembered the Ford SC. the snout on that one is mostly hidden. Everything is clean tho! OH and the S2000 just never grew on me....

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Good to get the wife's car back on the road. that will take some weight off your shoulders. Your engine bay pic confused me for a second. I didn't recognize the intake, then remembered the Ford SC. the snout on that one is mostly hidden. Everything is clean tho! OH and the S2000 just never grew on me....

It’s been great to have that civic monkey off my back for the time being!

Thanks for the compliment, I tried to clean up the bay a little but it’s far from what a lot of these guys have created. And I can appreciate the s2000 but I can’t say I’ve ever had the desire to own one either

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
FDE23FE2-F649-408E-9A28-A21009FCB3CF.jpeg F62CB315-85B9-4C6F-8A85-0A441AF547E2.jpeg 51CE9B28-9652-4C5E-B021-854A74EB29AE.jpeg Finally got back at it and finished the valve stem seals. Lots left to do; bleed lash adjusters, take timing cover off and reset the chains, reinstall followers, put in new gaskets, and fire it up. The Amazon valve tool was amazing by the way.

If anyone has a redmoster COP conversion harness for sale let me know because I don’t want to put the coil packs back on. I made a homemade harness but it looks terrible and I’m willing to spend some money to have a clean one.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Lash adjusters (and a knuckle) bled... just need to get the timing chains realigned after pulling all the accessories/timing cover

joe65

Reaction score
i hear that. As long as its over 50 deg in my garage i'm out there doing something. 60-70 is perfect for me, but at 50 deg. i can handle being out doing something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online