96 GT Ford Racing / SVO project

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I love your car man! Very original, that SVO makes it man. You're not to far from ky I see.

Thanks man it looks a lot like yours with the same wheels they have. I enjoy the fact that the SVO isn’t very common to see.

Not too far from KY, about 3.5 hours to Cincinnati

Addicted

Reaction score
Thanks man it looks a lot like yours with the same wheels they have. I enjoy the fact that the SVO isn’t very common to see.

Not too far from KY, about 3.5 hours to Cincinnati
Yes sir! I always wanted a sweet NPI car. Ive been tossing around the idea of which heads I want to use. My cams are whats driving the desicion, it's at that tipping point of to much lift even with +.060 retainers, well, because of the seal to retainer clearance, it doesn't change no matter what unless I modify. Ahh.. Desicions:D. Your 6 hours away then, where did you get your tune from? I had a friend get one near Cincy years ago.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Yes sir! I always wanted a sweet NPI car. Ive been tossing around the idea of which heads I want to use. My cams are whats driving the desicion, it's at that tipping point of to much lift even with +.060 retainers, well, because of the seal to retainer clearance, it doesn't change no matter what unless I modify. Ahh.. Desicions:D. Your 6 hours away then, where did you get your tune from? I had a friend get one near Cincy years ago.

You must know your modular motors, sounds like you’ve been talking to @blak54 about maximizing the capabilities of the NPI heads.

I found a set of used comp xe262ah cams for $250 and jumped on them knowing they would work safely and the SVO was beat up and pretty cheap but took some cash for supporting mods. If I spent more money I think I’d try to do the build more meticulously with more research like you’re doing.

I had an SCT handheld and all of the tuning was done remotely from dirtydirtyracing.com (can’t remember his screen name but he posted early in this thread). He did a great job getting this running smooth just by me sending him minimal amounts of data from the wideband.

Addicted

Reaction score
You must know your modular motors, sounds like you’ve been talking to @blak54 about maximizing the capabilities of the NPI heads.

I found a set of used comp xe262ah cams for $250 and jumped on them knowing they would work safely and the SVO was beat up and pretty cheap but took some cash for supporting mods. If I spent more money I think I’d try to do the build more meticulously with more research like you’re doing.

I had an SCT handheld and all of the tuning was done remotely from dirtydirtyracing.com (can’t remember his screen name but he posted early in this thread). He did a great job getting this running smooth just by me sending him minimal amounts of data from the wideband.
O yeah, I'm a NPI but just as he is lol, great info to boot. NPI's have hiden potential that most people dont car to discover, but when you start to look at things closely, some advantages show up. WOW! 250! I cant believe you got them that cheap, that's a steal for those cams, and definitely a great choice for your car. Just to show that theres deals out there, I bought a set of used Kooks long tubes for $300, I had to drive 3hr round trip, but worth every penny to me. The blower you great things with, and hopefully I can go centrifugal one day, I could have done it already but I bought myself a 2007 CRF250 in awsome shape, plus I wanted to ride again.
Good lookout on the tuning stuff, I want to get her dailed in when I'm done, and may go have her put on the rollers giggles :D.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
O yeah, I'm a NPI but just as he is lol, great info to boot. NPI's have hiden potential that most people dont car to discover, but when you start to look at things closely, some advantages show up. WOW! 250! I cant believe you got them that cheap, that's a steal for those cams, and definitely a great choice for your car. Just to show that theres deals out there, I bought a set of used Kooks long tubes for $300, I had to drive 3hr round trip, but worth every penny to me. The blower you great things with, and hopefully I can go centrifugal one day, I could have done it already but I bought myself a 2007 CRF250 in awsome shape, plus I wanted to ride again.
Good lookout on the tuning stuff, I want to get her dailed in when I'm done, and may go have her put on the rollers giggles :D.

Yeah I’m sure it takes some research and dedication to maximize the potential of the 2v. Parts can be expensive but with some patience great deals pop up every once in a while.

I don’t blame you on getting a bike rather than a supercharger first, I’m sure it’s a different kind of thrill

Addicted

Reaction score
Yeah I’m sure it takes some research and dedication to maximize the potential of the 2v. Parts can be expensive but with some patience great deals pop up every once in a while.

I don’t blame you on getting a bike rather than a supercharger first, I’m sure it’s a different kind of thrill
Dont get me wrong cause I would love to have a blower, but they get you in trouble quick, and the bike I can rip it anytime I want :cool:. Grass got cut, but now I'm in the garage now messing around doing some clearance stuff with the seal and retainer, blak gave me a good idea so here it goes.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Ive has some bittersweet vehicular obstacles in the last few months but the mustang is still running well.

I’ve clung on to the 2003 2wd ranger I bought in 2008 (in my 2nd of 5 years of college, working full time). I did my research on the forums and scrounged up spare cash to buy junkyard parts to convert it to 4wd in 2010. The truck has been dependable but the Ohio salt took its toll on the frame and body. The frame finally cracked and corroded to the point of no return and is no longer road worthy.

After a few months of searching I finally acquired my dream truck! I’m a simple man so this 2011 2wd 5speed Tacoma was exactly what I wanted. It came fully loaded with crank windows and chrome hubcaps, the best part is that it was one owner and all the presets are classic rock and local talk radio (so I know he was over 55 and took care of it). My wife was pushing me to spend the money on something I truly wanted and laughed when I came home with this because she knows my secret love for economy cars and small trucks (best of both worlds).

Just a weird photo of my broken ranger and my dog post surgery BE7DC699-895D-4FC0-9538-DCAD992D80C9.jpeg

Broken frame before I took a hammer to it to see the rest of the surrounding area crumble D78D0160-6220-4580-8F60-64901EEA25A6.jpeg

New simple truck. I need to do some research and see if the S550 19s fit because it needs some bigger wheels E6E7076D-C0E5-4773-91B5-46423B43FDC5.jpeg 4912012F-3F13-4700-9036-D7B222AE160D.jpeg 1141584B-1342-4FD6-9CF5-3BBF91D00595.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Bummer about the Ranger frame. Glad you found a good replacement.

Thanks man! I have been through a lot with the old ranger and it was hard to let it go (even though its still in my garage).

I picked up my wife in 2010 on our first date in it. My battery was dead and I had to dump the clutch in 2nd gear to get it to start because I was so broke I had to make a choice between taking a girl out and buying a new battery. She knew what I was doing and still laughs about it to this day. It's tough to let a piece of personal history go but I'd rather send it into retirement before it send me! I feel like Hank Hill talking about my emotional connection with a ford ranger lol.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Haven’t done much with the car lately besides start it and let it run in the garage. I’ve been enjoying my new truck until my dad needed to borrow it for a few days. I finally got the mustang out today and was pleasantly surprised how much more fun it was than what I’m used to. After an hour of driving aimlessly and spinning tires from first to third I decided it was time to go home... I’m excited to own this car again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online