96 GT Ford Racing / SVO project

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You ran 100K?

Yessir, I've been doing marathons for a while and got pretty competitive. I seem to do better on longer distances so I tried a 100k, I was happy with the results!

It takes a lot of time to train (usually 4am-7 before work) so it's taken away from motivation from the car. But I feel like working on the car is a good filler when I need to back off the training

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Yessir, I've been doing marathons for a while and got pretty competitive. I seem to do better on longer distances so I tried a 100k, I was happy with the results!

It takes a lot of time to train (usually 4am-7 before work) so it's taken away from motivation from the car. But I feel like working on the car is a good filler when I need to back off the training
That's damn impressive. I enjoy running, but nothing like that. Good on you though.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
ya gonna go do the death valley run?

That's too far beyond my level at this point, it takes a tough person to handle a race that long! I think a female dominated it a couple times

That's damn impressive. I enjoy running, but nothing like that. Good on you though.

Thanks man, I enjoy it a lot. Running helps me relax mentally so I'm glad I'm able to do it!

That’s over 60 miles in one race?!!! How long did that take??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took me a few minutes under 7 hours. This race was on a relatively flat road so it's one of the fastest courses. The people that do that distance on technical trails blow my mind with their level of patience and endurance.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a friend in high school that was into running and worked up to the ultra marathon level. I could run on a soccer field all day when I played but I hated running laps or just running for training. Today I only run when I am chased so hearing he likes to run that far is just nuts to me. I love riding my bike but I don't think I would like the saddle sores from a 100 mile ride. It was only a few years ago I heard about the death valley race and now that not only takes a hell of an athlete but I think a partial lobotomy. Again as much as I loved riding my bike in the desert of az the only time you saw me out on the trails in the afternoon was when it was under 100. For those that are not familiar with the ultra marathons, then the death valley one will really blow your mind.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
I was the cross country captain in HS, so I've done a crapton of 5k's and I've practiced as much as 10k on a regular basis. You sir are thoroughly an animal for being able to get to 100. That's insane. Nowadays I only run chasing my kids out of trouble, lol.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Need to extend some wires here and there and modify the throttle cable bracket. I've got some ideas of what I want to do but I'm not sure if it'll work until I try.

0c91b261ce8e45446c85cccafad5247b.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Small step overall, but a big mental victory for me has been accomplished thanks to @Silver95bird and his build photos

Made a throttle cable bracket out of a used saw blade I was going to scrap. Paint got scratched and I don't care anymore, that can be fixed later.

6fd958c9e3388ef5f94e3e5bba652680.jpg

6b707902ba107923e771deb76888d0be.jpg

54a8e449b8920584b5604df59731b1ac.jpg

3c3898daba8019e7c53f4d23fcc788aa.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I remember how excited I was when I got my valve covers and some other bits powder coated and got them back. That excitement ended when I was installing them and wacked them with the back of my rachet. It was then that I realized that it was worth the extra cash for the powder, and for tools now with plastic handles....

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Good from far, far from good

I remember how excited I was when I got my valve covers and some other bits powder coated and got them back. That excitement ended when I was installing them and wacked them with the back of my rachet. It was then that I realized that it was worth the extra cash for the powder, and for tools now with plastic handles....

If I had a car that looked as good as yours I could understand the value. Mine isn't worth the money when you see the blemishes all over everything else. The scratches just match the rest of the car now!

I love to see mad scientists at work!

Thanks man! Hopefully we both have road worthy cars by summer

PinkieT

Reaction score
Mine are both ready to go as soon as the rice paddy back yard dries up! Postponing the PI swap, other projects until the fall. If I start now, knowing me I'll lose another summer of cruising.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Mine are both ready to go as soon as the rice paddy back yard dries up! Postponing the PI swap, other projects until the fall. If I start now, knowing me I'll lose another summer of cruising.

That's good to hear! Sometimes it's better to enjoy it for a while as is. Once you get it on the road and have some fun you get the motivation to work on it again.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Spent an hour or so today sorting out wires and soldering things back together. I still need to extend the alternator wires and IAT sensor wire.

I intended to clean things up a bit but I'm getting impatient so I'd rather get it together so I can tackle the fuel pump.

2ec1cac9468cc514fa9d0847fbd4219f.jpg

Also Frankensteined some coolant hoses to get the heater core hooked up to the crossover

e881260e725b70eb6d6754470b739692.jpg

Overall progress is being made but it's tough to focus on perfection... I'm fine with that though!

60f916abe7f1889fad29f9896f953e9b.jpg

laramik

Reaction score
This is a really great thread man. Awesome pics, tons of detail and great information for some of us that aren't as advanced. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hear how it runs!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
This is a really great thread man. Awesome pics, tons of detail and great information for some of us that aren't as advanced. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hear how it runs!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I appreciate the kind words! It's nice to be able to take my time and get some photos here and there. I'd really like to have it running soon but I enjoy the process too.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Minimal progress but the supercharger is filled with oil, injectors are installed, new MAF installed, coolant hoses plumbed, and I think I have the vacuum hoses properly routed. I wanted to make a short term "to do list."

-extend fuel injector wire for cyl 1 (or8) on front drivers side
-extend alternator harness plug
-extend alternator power wire
-fill coolant
-install fuel pump
-wire up A/F gauge
-wire up boost gauge

a604851377ea31d672896e0756465316.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members