96 mustang gt oil Pick-up tube

samsonhusky

Reaction score
looking for info on the oil Pick-up screen. Can’t seem to find a replacement for 96 gt. Does anyone know where to get one ?

BigBore96

Reaction score
you would think they would be easier to find. but summit does have them just had to call and ask.
Did u get a part #? I actually need one for the 4v I'm building. He wanted to use a 2v pump so that's fine but tracking down a 2v pickup tube has been annoying like you said. My other option was to remove his old one and clean it up real nice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Did u get a part #? I actually need one for the 4v I'm building. He wanted to use a 2v pump so that's fine but tracking down a 2v pickup tube has been annoying like you said. My other option was to remove his old one and clean it up real nice

Why does he want to run a 2V pump in a 4V engine? I'd say theres a reason Ford went with a bigger pick up and pump in the 4V.

BigBore96

Reaction score
We already had a new 2v pump. For his use it won't make a difference.

It's no different than the 2v shortblock guys who 4v swap oil wise.

BigBore96

Reaction score
I suggested the 4v pump of course but to save cost it was ruled out.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Why does he want to run a 2V pump in a 4V engine? I'd say theres a reason Ford went with a bigger pick up and pump in the 4V.
Good question!
Since the heads oiling is orficed, only allowing a certain amount through, low rpm high pressure could only be the answer. But im guessing higher flow throughout the main bearings since the block is aluminum and bearing clearances are greater.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I suggested the 4v pump of course but to save cost it was ruled out.

But now he has to spend money on a GT pick up. Narrows down the price difference a tad. Hell, American Muscle has a pump and pick up for $80.

BigBore96

Reaction score
But now he has to spend money on a GT pick up. Narrows down the price difference a tad. Hell, American Muscle has a pump and pick up for $80.
Preaching to the choir. But it's not mine so as long as hes happy with it and it runs well I'm good with it.

OP
OP
samsonhusky

samsonhusky

Reaction score

sorry for such a late reply its a melling #273s thats whats on the box just double check when you order

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online