96 Track Car project

aussiebj

Reaction score
I'm back with a new track car build ,
i picked up a 96 mustang with full NASCAR style roll cage already gutted..
i have a question regarding the front suspension installed
It has a Granatelli GM-S9604ST front K member setup width coil overs ..any one have any experience with this company????
Any info would be much appreciated...

OP
OP
aussiebj

aussiebj

Reaction score
I have 2 engine options to choose from..need inputs
first
302 based engine
bored 40 thou , forged pistons, ARP rod bolts on stock rods and crank, Edelbrock Performer Heads, 1:6 Scorpion Roller rockers ., z cam , victor junior intake with Holley 650 DP, attached to a T5 tranny

option 2
4.6 2 valve mod motor stock with pace setter headers, attached to a T45 tranny

not familiar with mod motor options,
what engine would work better ? This is a track only car

oh and it's got Cobra R wheels also.

pics coming

OP
OP
aussiebj

aussiebj

Reaction score
Plans are to build a fast track car....315s all round ....not sure if I want to got IRS or stay solid axle ( they debate will happen later) I have access to both...coil overs all round ..Lexan windows ..I have Cobra seats and Schroth harnesses already ..
she probably won't see WW racing ..but plenty of track duty and maybe TT at some point so rules don't apply...
all coments welcome
thanks

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ls is a waste of time and money. You can build the ford motors for about the same and you won’t have to customize as much to make it all work.

I don’t know what price you can get that302 for but it sounds like a decently built motor. Obviously it’s hard to know quality or condition till you see it running.

The mod motor is stock so it would come down to price and preference. If you were gonna go all out then check into a new 5.0 coyote with ecm and harness out of a wrecked f150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve always been under the impression that Granatelli isn’t worth a the money BUT it’s already there.

CNels

Reaction score
I have a 95 Cobra that is a track build,even though it's still street legal. It has a built 302 motor,probably about 400 hp. I will verify on a Dyno soon. The car has been very reliable on 6 track days at various tracks. My only issue was a hose getting into the headers on the last session of the day. I still have the live axle with a lsd(3.73 gears). I have had a blast with the car, and I am able to keep up with pretty much everything else on the track. Definitely needs some suspension tweaks ,but It has been a great car.

OP
OP
aussiebj

aussiebj

Reaction score
imagejpeg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I here that .....I'm trying to up load pics ...photobucket costs now wtf

Tapatalk. Download it and log into the forum. Then you can upload from your phone or tablet. It’s free and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patientzero

Reaction score
Being that your car is already a SBF I would keep that. You can make more than enough power with some good heads and intake. I had a 2v so I decided to swap to a LS. The combination of weight, price, parts availability, and being easy to work on can't be beat. The SBF is similiar enough in those aspects that I don't see a need to switch.

Patientzero

Reaction score
This thread includes the words; track car, 315's, and NASCAR roll cage yet there are zero pictures.

OP should be banned.