96blak54 Reanimated

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
08e2e9a30af1c7aeed9f3a65733757d7.jpg
. Or is that the wrong boogie?!? Lol

Each time you knowledge bomb someone you could say..........
9738275f6bfb28563ac38e3ddfb2e8ce.jpg

And if they question your level of knowledge.......
d96465e0a279e99f9a580122b9316b14.jpg

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, sitting here watching Halloween movies with my kids!!! Lol

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
LOL ...oogie boogie pics took me back to a ps2 game "Kingdom Hearts". He was a villian to defeat. ....I loved that game!

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
It did break up the look some. Not all donut looking. My local mustang buddies thinks im ricing the car out.....oh well. Who says mustangs all have to look like drag cars? Ill be looking at giant decals next to plaster over the car. Not sure of what color to use. I thought bronze to match the wheels would set it off but silver could make it pop too.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
It did break up the look some. Not all donut looking. My local mustang buddies thinks im ricing the car out.....oh well. Who says mustangs all have to look like drag cars? Ill be looking at giant decals next to plaster over the car. Not sure of what color to use. I thought bronze to match the wheels would set it off but silver could make it pop too.

I wouldn't say painting the letters on your tires white is "ricer", reminds me of the old days when they use to run the 60's Michelin radial-ply tires.

As for decals, do you man. Thats whats great about a mustang, everyone can make it to their own desires and tastes making each one unique. Bronze would go nicely to match your wheels, silver would look great as well.

- like how you painted the flag leaving some black to create the checkered flag.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My son has played all of the kingdom hearts games except the newest one on ps4. Lol

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I wouldn't say painting the letters on your tires white is "ricer", reminds me of the old days when they use to run the 60's Michelin radial-ply tires.

As for decals, do you man. Thats whats great about a mustang, everyone can make it to their own desires and tastes making each one unique. Bronze would go nicely to match your wheels, silver would look great as well.

- like how you painted the flag leaving some black to create the checkered flag.
Thanks mang. Positive encouragement!! I like!

The checkered flag does set it off some. All I did was paint the raised rubber, therefore the flag was already there. I cant take any artistic credit, but thank you anyways. These tires have some age on them. They must be 10-12yrs old. Absolutely no tread wear! Compound probably hard as a rock, no traction. No frets though, 5.4l torque will take care of the remaining life!

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My son has played all of the kingdom hearts games except the newest one on ps4. Lol

I got into the KH2, but didnt seam as the same like the 1st. I lost intrest. PS4 kingdom hearts is probably pretty sweet! Ill check that out

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Took one of the wheels to a neighbor paint body shop and checked on clear coating. Since the wheel paint is textured, they said it would need alot of clear coat to get over the texture and enough to polish down. Any of you guys with some good, post up!

Driven by a tiny bore and more stroke than a 514cuin

punched281

Reaction score
Awesome to see you gettin your grove on! Now since I'm taking a break, I get to watch yours come to life!

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Forums are fun! Punch, I know you got my back when something aint right!
Chris, I could apply more elbow grease, but I ask myself why? The wheels look ghetto as crap! I thought painting something with them would help break away from the all black spare donut look. I feel like ive already applied to much effort...Spraying them clear coat may make my efforts burnt. I dont think they will look much better, but I have no experience in this department. If you guys say I could sand down the texture, repaint, and then clearcoat with very little effort....ill do it. Will the wheels be worth keeping though? IDK?

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
0d515126fd53aae0ea283b1b52ef7463.jpg

Oil pan is bolted!! 4yrs!

chris91

Reaction score
Is the textured part paint or powder, can't remember and I'm too lazy to go look through the thread. LoL

If it's paint then it should sand smooth fairly easy. Powder, not so easy... I do think they'd look better with a gloss lip though. I was going to do that with my old XXR's but dude slashed my tire and that started the ball rolling on new wheels. LoL

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
History of the wheel
Originally chrome, stripped, and black textured powder coated. Yes,....hard to sand by hand. I started on the back side of one and realized if I kept going, ill have to do every wheel. FUGETHAT! So I painted the scheme you see now. The bronze is not textured, but any paint I apply is backed with textured surface.

Im going along with punch, lots of work when paint is involved. Ill just let the wheels be and start a new wheel fund. Thanks guys for insight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online