96GT Vs 02GT

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
So I raced my friend with a 02 mustang..pretty much stock 5 speed with slp exhaust...

I just installed a superchips tune and it was feeling good...so I decided to give him a run...\

he sucks at driving so everytime we lined up at a red light he like pussed out...I think I would smoked him with the gears...

but the only real run was from like 30-80... It was a door to door pretty much the whole time...

I was pretty impressed with my car..especially since I dont even have the pi intake on yet...

97blackgt

Reaction score
Ive read someplace that a sn95 with a PI swap is actually faster than a 99 and newer? anyone else heard that?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
He must be really bad at driving because he's got almost a second on you normally. :dunno:

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I already have the gears..I was saying I think I would smoke him from a stop....maybe my cars a freak..but it seems fast for what it is..stock gts/ hemi rts both run about the same..low 14s...I beat the hemi...was door to door with the gt so..

To the guy saying he sucks at driving..it doest matter how bad he is..we went from a roll...all he had to do is press the gas and shift to third..straight down....any monkey could do that.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I already have the gears..I was saying I think I would smoke him from a stop....maybe my cars a freak..but it seems fast for what it is..stock gts/ hemi rts both run about the same..low 14s...I beat the hemi...was door to door with the gt so..

To the guy saying he sucks at driving..it doest matter how bad he is..we went from a roll...all he had to do is press the gas and shift to third..straight down....any monkey could do that.

got any dyno/time numbers on your car? You have a auto non pI so it should not be fast......thats not a knock on your car, its a fact for any non PI auto so close to stock

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nope....track times coming whenever cecil opens up on fridays or w.e. feb 23rd im goin to the track...well from what I can see ..it seems like the car should run with the 99-04 gts and hemi chargers...so hopefully I get like 14.2-14.5...

Yea..I really need to put the pi intake on...umm?..is there any way to tell by lookin at my intake if its already pi?

ALITL8

Reaction score
id like to see your numbers at the track too... ive raced several 99+ cars and got spanked!! that being said if you do real well at the track, i know what my next mod will be... long tubes!!

as far as knowing if youve already got the PI intake, someone will chime in and let you know where to find the #'s.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well Ill tell you how I do at the track the 23rd..so 8 days..woooo..that will be my first time at the track with the new car..hopefully I can get these damn tires hot enough to hook ..at all..cause they are garbage...when I raced this mustang I also had my bros superchip tune on my car..for 93 octane/ fastest shifts...but it seems like you should be doing better than 14.5 with 220rwhp and 300rwtq...did something go wrong?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
your friend is the suxorz at driving..you dont really have any big mods besides gears, and thats not enough to take 99+ GTs

ALITL8

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
when I raced this mustang I also had my bros superchip tune on my car..for 93 octane/ fastest shifts...but it seems like you should be doing better than 14.5 with 220rwhp and 300rwtq...did something go wrong?

im not the best driver, some of the guys in my club and my tuner think it'll go high 13's/lower 14's with a better driver :dunno:

i think you'll be surprised at how slow your car really is once you get it to the track. either that or we'll all be wondering what else is done to your car :)

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah this has some sort of relation but my 95 GT VERT AODE will jump my 04 off the line but then the 04 just walks the 95. Yes i know it's a VERT with AODE. It is a PIG. But when i have run into a 5sp 4.6 96-98 i usually pull pretty strong when i am in my 04. 04 is a 5sp

jpajkos

Reaction score
I don't even race NPI's. It's a total waste of gas for me.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Whats the time difference between a 95 and 96 Mustang at the track?

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
95convgt said:
Yeah this has some sort of relation but my 95 GT VERT AODE will jump my 04 off the line but then the 04 just walks the 95. Yes i know it's a VERT with AODE. It is a PIG. But when i have run into a 5sp 4.6 96-98 i usually pull pretty strong when i am in my 04. 04 is a 5sp
haha..well its not like this is the fastest car ive ever driven..I know how 13s feels...i know what 15s feels like..had a mark7 that ran 15.4 ..my brothers stang runs 13.7 spinning in street tires..and ive driven that a few times...if I can keep up with my brothers gt I cant be too slow.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
At the drag strip I go to I see 99+ cars (Stock) run mid 9's Which is the same as my Stock 97 S281 Speedster. But each car is different.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.