96GT Vs 02GT

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i have a 96 gt auto, parts in my sig and i raced my friends 03 gt. off the line i had him by a good two cars. by the time he shifted to third he was at my rear fender. then my motor blew. not that i got my new one, after a oil change or two and i fix my EGR valve problem and my o2 sensors and feel that my car is running smoothly, ima run him again.

ALITL8

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
At the drag strip I go to I see 99+ cars (Stock) run mid 9's Which is the same as my Stock 97 S281 Speedster. But each car is different.

9's in the 1/8, right? that would be a high 13 in the 1/4... 9 flat in the 1/8 is a 13.95ish. ive got a buddy with an 02 that ran a 13.99 this weekend with all of his stereo equipment (and its HEAVY), CAI, longtubes, 3" dumped exhaust and on street tires (335/18's).

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
quickstang_1994 said:
At the drag strip I go to I see 99+ cars (Stock) run mid 9's Which is the same as my Stock 97 S281 Speedster. But each car is different.

9's in the 1/8, right? that would be a high 13 in the 1/4... 9 flat in the 1/8 is a 13.95ish. ive got a buddy with an 02 that ran a 13.99 this weekend with all of his stereo equipment (and its HEAVY), CAI, longtubes, 3" dumped exhaust and on street tires (335/18's).

I stick a 45lb plate in my trunk and pick up a 10th. Weight in the trunk is good for our cars it evens out the weight distribution. He is not stock the long tubes make a big difference but I have seen and owed 99-00 that ran 8.9's stock

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
ALITL8 said:
quickstang_1994 said:

I stick a 45lb plate in my trunk and pick up a 10th. Weight in the trunk is good for our cars it evens out the weight distribution. He is not stock the long tubes make a big difference but I have seen and owed 99-00 that ran 8.9's stock
Ive got 2 12 inch subsk, amp, and box..in the trunk..maybe that helps me out..haha..my freind with a 98 gt with 4.10s ran .2 better with subs in ...helps get traction off the line..

ALITL8

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:

wow, add weight for a gain... thats the first ive ever heard of that but hey what the hell do i know. another suggestion might be to remove the front sway bar or at the least disconnect it for better wieght distribution... thats what im doing next trip to the track. i should be getting my LCA's and SFC's installed this week too so thats going to help with my launches as well. ive been trying to get them done for the last couple of weeks but cant get the time to get over to the shop... damn work LMAO!!

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
quickstang_1994 said:

wow, add weight for a gain... thats the first ive ever heard of that but hey what the hell do i know. another suggestion might be to remove the front sway bar or at the least disconnect it for better weight distribution... thats what im doing next trip to the track. i should be getting my LCA's and SFC's installed this week too so thats going to help with my launches as well. ive been trying to get them done for the last couple of weeks but cant get the time to get over to the shop... damn work LMAO!!

My sway bar was removed years ago the lift feels better and weight off the front helps (weigh distribution front to rear)

ripper

Reaction score
Holly crap and i been pullin my subs out when i race :dunno: WTF do i know?

97blackgt

Reaction score
i dont see how hundreds of pounds of subs can help u out...i always heard weight=slower quarter mile times?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
i dont see how hundreds of pounds of subs can help u out...i always heard weight=slower quarter mile times?

thats true for the most part, but it does depend on the weight distribution of the car as to how it affects the ET of a car.

ALITL8

Reaction score
97blackgt said:

me too but at this point i'd try anything to get me a high 13 the way she sits... everyone i know says they think it should be there.

97blackgt

Reaction score
:dunno:test and tune should be starting soon...lol
have to try it and post my results

ALITL8

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
:dunno:test and tune should be starting soon...lol
have to try it and post my results

the track here has opened but i havent made it down yet... maybe this weekend after i get the rest of the parts thrown on O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online